Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Sponsored by Cruizin Concepts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 07-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #21
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Vehicle: 98 Cobra

Most likely a COP or 2 goin south. Any codes?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
WhiteFoxGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #22
03_mach_won

Vehicle: 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT View Post
Most likely a COP or 2 goin south. Any codes?
only codes is for the o2 and thats because i don't have the MIL for the o/r x pipe or a hand tuner to disable it. The car misfires during cold start at idle, but very little misfire nothing crazy. I tried to use the IAC mod to drop the revs quicker and it started to misfire even more during idle and it caused the car to smoke out the tail pipes when I was coming to a dead stop. But without the IAC mod the idle is normal and it doesn't smoke out the tail pipe.
03_mach_won is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:36 AM   #23
rfomlover
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 Cobra Coupe

I know this is old but extremely helpful! So I am suspecting I have a bad coil(s) on my 02 GT. So basically what you guys are saying is while my engine is running, unplug ONE COP and then if I hear a difference in engine sound take note then plug it back in. Then check the next and see if there is a difference and take note. Whichever one(s) DONT make the engine sound different are the possible bad ones that I should probably think about changing?

Thanks so much!

03 Cobra Vert ZY
#986 Born on 8/12/02
MAF Forward CAI
Borla Stinger Cat Back
BF Diff Brace
Steeda Tri-Ax

01 Cobra ZY
#2261 Born in 7/01
Bilstein Shocks
Steeda Springs
Weld in subframe connectors
JLT intake
Diablotuned
About 300 RWHP
rfomlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #24
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Vehicle: 1998 SL500

Well after working with Mark at Weapon X for over a year, doing a number of field tests and beta testing on new designs Back in January of this year i received a set of the current production EFX COPs for extended testing.

Having run them since that time, most recently on a 440 mile round trip in 95°F to 100°F+ heat, I am pleased to say that the heat problems I experienced with the earlier designs have been overcome. The new design performs flawlessly in the high temperatures and delivers the tweaked performance I described in my initial impressions described earlier in this thread--and has been doing so for 8 months and 20k miles.

I also have to say that I have never dealt with a manufacturer/vendor that was any more dedicated to working with me to get things right. Kudo's to Mark and WeaponX for their commitment to their products and customers!!!
RAM HDX clutch, 3.73s, 262 rwHP/305 lb-ft.

New ride (7/1/2013) 1998 Mercedes SL500-5.0L 32V VVT 326/347 HP/tq

Engineering is, at its base, making what you want from what you have.
At its extreme it is making what you want from what you can get.

Last edited by cliffyk; 08-01-2012 at 06:19 PM.
cliffyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #25
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 Mustang Gt 5 speed

Great to hear Cliff! Your car is looking nice, a little different than what I remember. I am really digging the R/W/B stripes! I reallllllly need another mustang....
BBK Fenderwell, Trickflow 75mm Plenum, Summit 75mm TB, Steeda Triax, King Cobra Clutch, FRPP Flywheel, Steeda Cable Adjuster/Quadrant, SLP catted X-pipe, SLP LM1 exhaust, Sniper SF Tuning, Weld in Full Length SFCs, FRPP 4.10 Gears, Carbon Clutch Discs.

**COP Sticky**

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT View Post
Picture the search button as a clitoris...it opens doors that will satisfy your wildest dreams.
devongarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #26
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Vehicle: 1998 SL500

I went to a local sign shop almost a couple years ago now, explained to the owner what I was doing, and that I just needed three pieces a couple inches wide by 24 inches. He rummaged through his scrap bin and came up with enough to stripe five cars.

I asked him what I owed and he said "You're making a flag aren't you? Get the Hèll outa' here..."
RAM HDX clutch, 3.73s, 262 rwHP/305 lb-ft.

New ride (7/1/2013) 1998 Mercedes SL500-5.0L 32V VVT 326/347 HP/tq

Engineering is, at its base, making what you want from what you have.
At its extreme it is making what you want from what you can get.
cliffyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:23 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2001, 2003, 46, coil, connector, cop, ford, gt, ignition, mustang, ohm, plug, problem, problems, testing