4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Need some knowledgable UCA/LCA help

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 10:13 PM
grogan
3rd Gear Member

i was looking at the upr products ones, but there lcas and ucas somewhere i heard puts alot of stress on the torque boxes. maximum motorsports says they put no stress on torque boxes. i like maximums lowers with torque arm and panhard bar. but i still have to check out griggs.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:36 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

^ ALL suspension upgrades will place some stress somewhere, including MM

Much of this depends on how/where you drive your car. Good frame support will help to avoid the naturally sagging frame that occurs over time. This will help your doors to continue to close properly, but may create some rattles in dash and such eventually.

Jazzer
Old 07-17-2009, 03:20 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by StriderTacticaL
Hmm well I don't plan on running coilovers so I guess baseline is out...

I'm looking into getting the PA Racing ones...Griggs is kinda expensive
Baseline is DEF. not out, im not running coilovers. I will eventually, way way down the road when im a millionare lol. Besides, basline uppers alone will make an amzing difference, and you can add to that any type of lower, like the griggs for example. I chose the UPR because of price and the fact that i won't likely be running high horsepower untill i have more money, in which case i will upgrade to a fully built rear suspension and the UPRs will go bye bye.

Originally Posted by grogan
i was looking at the upr products ones, but there lcas and ucas somewhere i heard puts alot of stress on the torque boxes. maximum motorsports says they put no stress on torque boxes. i like maximums lowers with torque arm and panhard bar. but i still have to check out griggs.
As jazzer says, they ALL will add more stress. Honestly, if you are willing to spend the dough on a TA and PHB, just get a watts link instead from http://www.fays2.net/ . Its far superior and costs less.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

^ agreed on the Fays2

I was looking into replacing my Griggs PHB for one and finally decided not to do so. I would have installed the Griggs originally, but requires some of the spare tire well space. My g/f and I travel all over and not willing to attempt putting my car on a flat-bed for a flat tire, so I carry a spare.

Jazzer
Old 07-17-2009, 07:56 PM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Oops I was mistaken. It seems like the Baseline ones do come with spring perches. I think I am gonna go with Baseline as I have heard nothing but good things about them and they seem to be pretty affordable. On the site it says it is also available with optional 5/8" bolts, what would I need that for?
Old 07-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Are you referring to these?:

Keep in mind that they do NOT have sway bar mount plates, so would need to go with something like I have in its place:

Jazzer
Old 07-17-2009, 09:15 PM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

****....I totally forgot about that. Yes I wanna keep my sway bar on
Old 07-17-2009, 09:25 PM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Nevermind....Baseline is out...I don't wanna spend $300 some dollars additionally just to keep the swaybar
Old 07-17-2009, 09:33 PM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

How about these ones?

http://www.paracing.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=102
Old 07-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Griggs is expensive, but will NEVER need to replace it or upgrade to a better LCA

I see lots of pepes saying that "I will use xxx model and uprade when I have more money". I think money is much wiser spent only once

Jazzer

Quick Reply: Need some knowledgable UCA/LCA help