4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Stage 2 Cam Owners!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 04:51 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

Default Stage 2 Cam Owners!

hey ive decided to throw stage 2 cams in my stang from modularheadshop.com and i was wondering what hp numbers i can expect after they are in, and approx 1/4 mile time. feel free to post ur numbers as well. thanks
Old 01-15-2010, 05:40 PM
JayC
4th Gear Member

I'm curious as well. I've never seen any numbers on those cams.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:54 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

I'm also gonna be going with their stage 2 blower cam in the spring!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:25 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I'll be getting their stage 2 n/a cams real soon. Nick mentioned at one point that they should see 20-30 hp over the stockers, if you're comparing peak to peak numbers. Those cams will have a strong mid range though.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:08 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
I'll be getting their stage 2 n/a cams real soon. Nick mentioned at one point that they should see 20-30 hp over the stockers, if you're comparing peak to peak numbers. Those cams will have a strong mid range though.
yeah i just talked to him this past week, he was telling me that i dont have to change my valve springs or anything, which was a big plus to me. so im probly just gonna go with a mild port and polish, and just hope for the best
Old 01-15-2010, 09:58 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kugzgt
yeah i just talked to him this past week, he was telling me that i dont have to change my valve springs or anything, which was a big plus to me. so im probly just gonna go with a mild port and polish, and just hope for the best
Since you'll have the heads off anyways, you do realize that you can notch the pistons, and/or replace the intake valve, and run bigger cams right? It's not much extra (price wise) to do that.

I do really like the fact that you can run the stock springs with their cams. That alone saves a lot of time and money.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Sonic_Stang
1st Gear Member

Not to thread jack but I'm also throwin the NA stage 2's in my car. Since the valve springs and gears won't be getting swapped out is the install pretty easy? Does anyone have a walk through of install? I would definently appreciate a link. I assume you just tear off the pulleys, valve covers, ect....
Old 01-15-2010, 10:09 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Here's a pretty good write up.

http://www.modularheadshop.com/Artic...stallation.htm
Old 01-16-2010, 08:01 AM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Since you'll have the heads off anyways, you do realize that you can notch the pistons, and/or replace the intake valve, and run bigger cams right? It's not much extra (price wise) to do that.

I do really like the fact that you can run the stock springs with their cams. That alone saves a lot of time and money.
yeah i know alot more can be done but i think for now ill be happy with the outcome, im not looking for anything too crazy, i just wanted it to have some get up and go when i need it
Old 01-16-2010, 09:27 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kugzgt
yeah i know alot more can be done but i think for now ill be happy with the outcome, im not looking for anything too crazy, i just wanted it to have some get up and go when i need it
Gotcha! With just a mild p&p i would imagine they would still do very well. Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Stage 2 Cam Owners!