4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

my rear bumper question, it has not cut outs for exhaust tips

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 04:37 PM
j3xx3j

i take that back its just a gt premium package, but it has 40th anniversary badging thats prolly why i said 40th anniversary edition package which i believe now that it is not. 2004 was the 40th anniversary.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:02 PM
machracer11
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by j3xx3j
well im a noob, i kinda dont like the dumps cuz its stinkin up my clothes and getting me all nauseated. cuz of prolly the cams its running rich. i will post more about the car as soon as i start shopping for the parts. thanks for the info guys
Yeah thats a downside to having your exhaust come out right under the cab of the vehicle, for that reason some states require that exhasut run out no shorter than the rear axle... what kind of muffler does it have on it
Old 03-07-2010, 08:01 PM
j3xx3j

as of right now i have no idea but from all the studying that ive been doing the previous owner had to put the car back to stock. but the only thing that he didnt get to put back to stock were the cam work. but the car sound quiet so im assuming that they are stock but they do have a little bark on them, i dont have the car in my driveway its at the storage tucked away from the elements to i havent had more time to study all the parts that are on it. i will keep every one updated. well i am going to ask the previous owner if i could post some pictures of the car back when it was on its glory days, its a 2 valve motor and the fastest it ran is 12.6 at 106 maybe 107, im still digging for more info about it
Old 03-07-2010, 11:05 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

well as of this second i am learning alot about my new car it is a 40th anniversary premium edition, its not a v6, but yess its got dumps. the guy that previously owned it had a cobra front bumper and cobra hood in it. it has a 270 comp cams, and comp valves spring i am still learning more about the car. but now i know that the bumper is from a v6 that helps alot. thanks guys i will be posting more about the car as i learn more about it. anyone here affiliated to chicagolandmustang.com this car is from one of your members
thats why i asked they didnt look like normal GT badgings from the angle shot. he was probably wanting it to look like as much of a sleeper as he could (hence dumped exhaust and doesn't have GT written all over it).

you can buy some tailpipes (either stock or aftermarket) and have an exhaust shop bend them a little bit and install it on your car. it will look just like a v6 dual exhaust if you wanna google up some images (instead of cutouts, the tips just hang below the bumper). this would save you from having to buy a new bumper unless your comfortable doing that.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:50 AM
j3xx3j

well im actually thinkin side exhaust would be cool. found one from roush but a little pricey for my taste so i might just have to customize it myself
Old 03-08-2010, 08:25 AM
machracer11
3rd Gear Member

steeda has a side exhaust that is a good bit cheaper than a Roush side exhaust system and IMO it looks much better than the Roush. It looks a lot like the side exhaust on the 2000 Cobra R and i do believe that it will fit without any side skirt modification, only down side is im sure itll scrape on stuff like crazy
Old 03-08-2010, 04:43 PM
j3xx3j

i know im already scraping my bottoms the car sits pretty low, i know when i was taking it out the trailer the exhaust flange were getting caught in the lip of the trailer. and evven the cgs subframe connectors feels like they're scraping. i believe their cgs, but i dont know or never heard of that company, but that was the sticker that wass on the side of the connectors. i will look into those steeda sides, thanks
Old 03-08-2010, 10:04 PM
01GTturbo
1st Gear Member

I'm in exactly the same spot. I think I'm just gonna carefully mod the bumper to accomodate the dual exhaust like it had before. There is a thread on how to do it well. I'm sure a quick search would find it if you're interested
Old 03-09-2010, 03:04 AM
5pointslow91
4th Gear Member

well im a noob, i kinda dont like the dumps cuz its stinkin up my clothes and getting me all nauseated. cuz of prolly the cams its running rich. i will post more about the car as soon as i start shopping for the parts. thanks for the info guys
dude i use to run a 5.0 with dumps under the car, with no cats and over sized injectors, car use to be an auto but was converted to manual and not sealed well, talk about the gas fumes i use to smell, i wreaked of gas

btw where in IL you from?
Old 03-09-2010, 11:31 AM
j3xx3j

@ 01gtturbo i am going to try to fabricate and try to just go side exhaust with slp loudmouth resonators shot gun style.

@5pointslow91 i know what youre saying about the fumes i was only driving the car for about 10 minutes and when i got home i passed out maybe because i was tired from the 4 hour trip picking up the car and unloading it, the gas fumes didnt help either by the way i am from oglesby, illinois its in la salle county. and name is jake

Quick Reply: my rear bumper question, it has not cut outs for exhaust tips