4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

F1 racing clutch set

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 07:06 PM
ninz49z

Default F1 racing clutch set

Hello I bought and installed a tage 3 racing clutch set on my 2000 mustang GT the flywheel dident look bad at all it had an oem clutch that still had 3/4 left on it so it was still pretty new. The reason for changing the first place is because the throw out bearing was rattleing so I figured I would go ahead and replace everything while I had the tranny off and why not just put a racing clutch in right? Well everything is pretty good but ONLY sometimes it shudders at take off with a lot of vibaration but then other times it does fine I have only put ab obout 170 miles on it also. It also shudders during downshifting mostly goin down to 2nd and 3rd and also does it when shifting but not as bad. This is my first time ever driving a car with a racing clutch that isent a regular diaphram clucth disc its a "puck" style or also known as a button disc I have replaced clutchs before and never had this problem I hav e also noticed the clucth doesn't engage untill about half way u with the pedal could or should I
Adjust and would that fix my problem I'm sorry if any of it sounds like I don't kno what I'm talkin about I'm not a meachanic and most of the things I know are from do it at home jobs any help plz would be great thank u.