4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

HOW-TO: ProCharger P-1SC Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 07:15 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

great write up. i agree about how simple a s/c is on the inside. i tore my vortech apart when i bought it to check the gears and bearings
Old 05-03-2010, 10:30 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

Ok I added a couple of pictures. I didn't get the chance to take as many as I liked, but maybe the addition of those couple will help. I'll also field questions
Old 11-06-2010, 06:26 PM
cobrastang_07

I am in the prochess of changing out the main seal (behind impeller). Could you tell me more about how to take the impeller off. I took out the spacer and allen bolt. thanks
Old 11-06-2010, 07:46 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

PM the OP
Old 11-06-2010, 08:05 PM
cobrastang_07

somehow I am not getting that option I tried.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:08 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Yea, not enough posts
Old 11-06-2010, 08:13 PM
cobrastang_07

oh yes i figured but your the mod I am sure you can do something about it.
thanks in advance
Old 11-06-2010, 09:46 PM
FLMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

I have the same problem with my Procharger leaking. I believe it is the output shaft, if that is the one that the pulley is on? The seal right there behind the seal leaks and gets oil on the puley thus spraying the hood, belt, and all over. and when i pulled my engine awhile ago i saw a pool of oil in the intercooler on the bottom driver side. I already had procharger rebuild the supercharger about 20,xxx miles ago. and its leaking again. it cost just under $800 and 2-3 weeks. I dont have the money or the time for that kind of rebuild again. So can you give a web site that has all parts needed, give the part numbers, and the cost of all. Or alteast the part #s so i can look it up cause i'd love to rebuild my supercahrger myself. thanks
Old 11-06-2010, 10:57 PM
cobrastang_07

i think those seals are the same. NAPA part#11625
PM the OP and let me know here as well on how I should remove the impeller.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:17 PM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FLMustangMan
I have the same problem with my Procharger leaking. I believe it is the output shaft, if that is the one that the pulley is on? The seal right there behind the seal leaks and gets oil on the puley thus spraying the hood, belt, and all over. and when i pulled my engine awhile ago i saw a pool of oil in the intercooler on the bottom driver side. I already had procharger rebuild the supercharger about 20,xxx miles ago. and its leaking again. it cost just under $800 and 2-3 weeks. I dont have the money or the time for that kind of rebuild again. So can you give a web site that has all parts needed, give the part numbers, and the cost of all. Or alteast the part #s so i can look it up cause i'd love to rebuild my supercahrger myself. thanks
Part numbers are hard to come by. I referenced them in the original post, I think. Most are readily available, with the exception of one of the seals, which is proprietary. Both of mine were actually leaking... so I imagine they both go bad really frequently.

It's been a while but I sent you a PM with the guy I got the parts from. I haven't found anyone else around that keeps them all together. A lot of the shops around here that could get the GMN-equivalent bearings were asking a lot of money for them. If you have any questions, PM me but I don't come around MF too much any more.

Quick Reply: HOW-TO: ProCharger P-1SC Rebuild