4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:31 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

Stripped motor mount nut

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 08:24 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by devongarver
lol he means it won't come out. Nutz.
So you are saying I just can't get it out or that its physically part of the block? Because I definately remember it not being part of the block when I put it on.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:32 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jvog
So you are saying I just can't get it out or that its physically part of the block? Because I definately remember it not being part of the block when I put it on.
Oh well snap, if it wasn't there before, then its obviously not upset mounted(welded), so you should be able to get it out. Those stud removers can be had at harbor freight for 5-10$ if you have one near you. Other wise sears may have one for about a billion times more, or you could get it online and wait for it. But i think the other idea suggested about threading two more nuts on, tightening them against each other, then putting the wrench on the center one to back out the stud might work.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:28 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

Oh well snap, if it wasn't there before, then its obviously not upset mounted(welded), so you should be able to get it out. Those stud removers can be had at harbor freight for 5-10$ if you have one near you. Other wise sears may have one for about a billion times more, or you could get it online and wait for it. But i think the other idea suggested about threading two more nuts on, tightening them against each other, then putting the wrench on the center one to back out the stud might work.
I looked on harbor freights web site and couldnt find one so I wasn't sure if they had it. I ust ordered one from amazon. I needed a set anyway. Finals are keeping me occupied but I'll get to work on in a couple of days.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:04 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

I tried the two nut thing, and it was hard to get both on there and leave enough room to get the wrench on the one. I tried but the nut I was loosening just forced the other nut off of the stud and ruined the threads on the nut lol. Looks like I'm gonna be using the stud removal tool.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:06 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Have you gotten your tool to try this yet??