4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

I Need Major Major Help 04 gt

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 03:34 AM
blue40th-mustang

Default I Need Major Major Help 04 gt

2004 ford mustang gt
u7147

I have unplug the DiabloSport tool by mastic while it is installing a DiabloSport performance tune

After that the car won’t fire up and I try to connect the predator to the vehicle to sent the performance tune it ask me to put the ignition key on and it is on

When I put the ignition key on the fan working and odometer disable secretly blinking

I try to disconnect the battery but still no use

So, please please please I need big help
Old 05-04-2010, 10:22 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

You're probably stuck, and may need to get your hands on a new ECU, because yours is stuck in programming mode. The odometer reads ---------- and the theft light blinks, the radiator fan is on at low speed.

Diablo may have a way to force it to accept a flash but you may have to take the ECU to a ford dealer and have them reprogram it (one hour's labor, hopefully) or buy a new one. RKN2 ECU's are hard to find so hope you don't have one of those.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:21 PM
blue40th-mustang

Originally Posted by ShadowDrake
You're probably stuck, and may need to get your hands on a new ECU, because yours is stuck in programming mode. The odometer reads ---------- and the theft light blinks, the radiator fan is on at low speed.

Diablo may have a way to force it to accept a flash but you may have to take the ECU to a ford dealer and have them reprogram it (one hour's labor, hopefully) or buy a new one. RKN2 ECU's are hard to find so hope you don't have one of those.
I took it to ford dealer they said I have to bay a brand new ECU because they can not a access the car throw the cable to reprogram my ECU

also I can`t call diablosport support because I’m not from USA if you have the step please guide me what I have to do.!!
Old 05-04-2010, 04:16 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

You will need to buy the new PCM and have Ford program it, or get a PCM and instrument cluster from a '03+ GT from a junkyard.

You need to get the instrument cluster too because the PCM and the cluster share a unique ID loaded at the factory, the PATS will not let the car start unless the PCM and cluster have the same ID.

You really should contact DiabloSport and see if they can help you out...
Old 05-04-2010, 04:21 PM
smythge
4th Gear Member

Can you physically not call Diablosport? They have a function which requires a passcode that is radomly generated while you're on the phone that will force the stock tune back into your car this can only be done over the phone. They will walk you through a few things first because the force blindly writes over everything. YOU HAVE TO CALL THEM TO DO IT HOWEVER

Last edited by smythge; 05-04-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:29 PM
fisher2985
2nd Gear Member

i think you're screwed. that happened to my cousin on his 03 suburban using a jet tuner, and it cost him $600 to get it fixed. he took it to the dealer and they put in a new computer. his tuner was also no good because it was locked to the bad computer. so it cost him another $350 to get a new superchips tuner.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:47 AM
blue40th-mustang

What if theft light blinking and odometer ( - - - - - )
and the main problem even ford dealer can`t connect to the PCM
Old 05-06-2010, 02:49 AM
blue40th-mustang

The main problem even ford dealer can not a access the car throw the cable to reprogram my ECU
Old 05-06-2010, 06:59 AM
smythge
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by blue40th-mustang
The main problem even ford dealer can not a access the car throw the cable to reprogram my ECU
The PCM wasn't flashed properly, because you unplugged it. Your best bet is to call Diablosport and have them force the stock tune back into the car.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:32 AM
blue40th-mustang

Originally Posted by smythge
The PCM wasn't flashed properly, because you unplugged it. Your best bet is to call Diablosport and have them force the stock tune back into the car.
Thanks man

do you have the phone number
I`m not from USA

Quick Reply: I Need Major Major Help 04 gt