4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

PPRV Valve Delete for 2V

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Eduardo
3rd Gear Member

Default PPRV Valve Delete for 2V

Ever since I installed my Vortech blower on my car, I started to get hesitation in between shifts. I've been wanting to do this for a long time but could never find just a single foot of 30R10 submersible fuel line. I finally ended up finding a NAPA Autoparts that had it and went ahead and did the mod. Once me and my buddy finished we went out for a cruise and after I filled up the tank all the way the car started to hesitate. Turned out the Gates 30R10 fuel line kinked and restricted the fuel pressure, causing the hesitation and rough idle. After trying a couple methods on how to try and fix the kink I gave up on running just the Gates fuel line. I saw I still had my SVT Focus basket assembly and decided I would use that fuel line instead of the Gates stuff. I also couldn't find any write ups on the PPRV Valve delete for a 2V, all I would find was for Cobras, so thought I would make one of my own and hope this helps someone needing to do this mod. Here is a step by step on how I did mine:

I chopped up the fittings on the PPRV valve and the hose leading to the hat. When I did that I still had the tips of the fittings stuck inside the hose, so I got some paper and folded it and wrapped it around the ends of the hose. With some pliers I just cracked the tip until it broke off into a few pieces and viola, now you can insert your own fitting.

These are the tools I used to do this mod. That nut driver is a 3/16, used to take off the screws that hold the plastic piece on top of the pump.

These are the fittings I used.

Here you can see where I cut on the PPRV valve and on the hat.

This is what the hose looked like after I removed it and installed my 90* barb fitting in place of the PPRV valve and my straight barb fitting. I put clamps on them just for the extra assurance that they wouldn't pop off.

This is what I originally had the first time i tried this, but the bend was too much for that hose.

I did end up using some of the Gates hose to attach it to the hat nipple.

Here is what it looks like installed.

I chose not to drop the tank completely, made it a little hard to work in that space but I didn't feel comfortable removing the filler neck.

I drove the car for a while and it runs great now, no more surging and the idle is fine. Feels so good not to have that hesitation anymore. I hope this helps anyone looking to do this mod.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:19 PM
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Eduardo
Ever since I installed my Vortech blower on my car, I started to get hesitation in between shifts. I've been wanting to do this for a long time but could never find just a single foot of 30R10 submersible fuel line. I finally ended up finding a NAPA Autoparts that had it and went ahead and did the mod. Once me and my buddy finished we went out for a cruise and after I filled up the tank all the way the car started to hesitate. Turned out the Gates 30R10 fuel line kinked and restricted the fuel pressure, causing the hesitation and rough idle. After trying a couple methods on how to try and fix the kink I gave up on running just the Gates fuel line. I saw I still had my SVT Focus basket assembly and decided I would use that fuel line instead of the Gates stuff. I also couldn't find any write ups on the PPRV Valve delete for a 2V, all I would find was for Cobras, so thought I would make one of my own and hope this helps someone needing to do this mod. Here is a step by step on how I did mine:

I chopped up the fittings on the PPRV valve and the hose leading to the hat. When I did that I still had the tips of the fittings stuck inside the hose, so I got some paper and folded it and wrapped it around the ends of the hose. With some pliers I just cracked the tip until it broke off into a few pieces and viola, now you can insert your own fitting.

These are the tools I used to do this mod. That nut driver is a 3/16, used to take off the screws that hold the plastic piece on top of the pump.

These are the fittings I used.

Here you can see where I cut on the PPRV valve and on the hat.

This is what the hose looked like after I removed it and installed my 90* barb fitting in place of the PPRV valve and my straight barb fitting. I put clamps on them just for the extra assurance that they wouldn't pop off.

This is what I originally had the first time i tried this, but the bend was too much for that hose.

I did end up using some of the Gates hose to attach it to the hat nipple.

Here is what it looks like installed.

I chose not to drop the tank completely, made it a little hard to work in that space but I didn't feel comfortable removing the filler neck.

I drove the car for a while and it runs great now, no more surging and the idle is fine. Feels so good not to have that hesitation anymore. I hope this helps anyone looking to do this mod.
Good write up, I did almost the same thing with mine. were you asking about this a few days ago?
Old 05-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Eduardo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stevecooper
Good write up, I did almost the same thing with mine. were you asking about this a few days ago?
thanks steve, yeah that was me that asked about it. but i confirmed later when i dropped the tank that the line was kinked.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:50 PM
01snake
5th Gear Member

man did you make that a cluster fawk....

just did this.... you take the gates hose and fasten it to the top of the fuel pump nipple tight. then take the WHOLE hose and attach it to the hat BUT leave it loose. as you put the hat on kinda look and you may have to twist the hose once it goes in without kinking then you tighten the hose on ther fuel hat and put it back together.

you used the wrong kind of hose clamps also those kind can gash the hose when tighten or over time.

i did the gt pump. i ditched the pprv and the little hat that fits on top of the pump nipple (2 hole thing) i attached straight to pump nipple
Old 09-11-2013, 04:52 PM
superstang01

I am going to be doing this very soon and I am wondering if i should do anything with my FRPS? I see lots of guys who have cobras who blow the FRPS after the PPRV delete