4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

new seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 09:08 PM
96meangreengt
2nd Gear Member

Default new seats

my front seats are shot and have stains and holes on them from prevouis owner. Does anyone know what the dimensions are on the stock seats. Im looking for some aftermarket seats like these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SCA-80-1606-62R/

How would you make them fit since they are universal. Would you have to make your stock brakets work or use their universal brakets and drill new holes?

Does anyone else have aftermarket seats in there car with pics?
Old 07-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

This issue comes up pretty often and I always recommend one get seats that are good quality and comfortable. For $156, I don't see the Summits as likely good quality nor very comfortable, but I could be wrong, so someone chime in.

Spend some time and find pepes with aftermarket seats in which you can test out for comfort/quality standards. I think that seats are one of the most important mods you can do, as you are CONSTANTLY reminded of your purchase!

I have Recaros that were about $1650 for the pair with slides. They are worth every penny as I am comfortable on VERY long road trips and have 100% zero movement when behind the wheel on even the most aggressive of driving.

Jazzer
Old 07-31-2010, 09:52 PM
96meangreengt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
This issue comes up pretty often and I always recommend one get seats that are good quality and comfortable. For $156, I don't see the Summits as likely good quality nor very comfortable, but I could be wrong, so someone chime in.

Spend some time and find pepes with aftermarket seats in which you can test out for comfort/quality standards. I think that seats are one of the most important mods you can do, as you are CONSTANTLY reminded of your purchase!

I have Recaros that were about $1650 for the pair with slides. They are worth every penny as I am comfortable on VERY long road trips and have 100% zero movement when behind the wheel on even the most aggressive of driving.

Jazzer
thanks jazzer. I wish I had the money to spend on those but my car gets drivin on the weekends only and I cant justify spending that much for them. I would like to get some stock leather replacment but all the used ones are riped up and look like crap and new ones are very expensive. I just want something that looks good, is as confortable as the stock seats, and have a lil more hold on your kidneys in the turns.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:39 AM
Bladerunner
2nd Gear Member

Seats are alot like clutches you definitley get what you pay for.
If you want nice good quality seats look forward to paying to coin
for them.I know the Recaro seats are probably one of the best seats
avaliable.The Corbeau seats are played out in my opinion as everyone
has them.I personally really like the Movano 3A racing seats and they
aren't super expensive either.The Movano seats are nice quality for
the price.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:13 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

I just updated a thread in the 4.6l general forum. the title is "racing seats" i just uploaded pics of my cobra microseude forzas in that thread check em out
Old 08-07-2010, 08:45 PM
allmotor

It is worth spending money on your seats knowing that whenever your going to have fun in your car you will be in those seats. You wont be happy with a back ache after smoking some Honda.