Search



Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Sponsored by Cruizin Concepts


Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2014, 11:41 AM   #21
gmslayr
 
gmslayr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Vehicle: 1998 ford mustang gt
Location: pa
Posts: 2
Thumbs up

i was trying to find birdman941, to find out bout his KIT, wasn't able to. can someone send me his info???
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
gmslayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:55 AM   #22
OIFDOC
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Vehicle: 2003, ford, mustang gt
Location: florida
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmslayr View Post
i was trying to find birdman941, to find out bout his KIT, wasn't able to. can someone send me his info???
Don't know where he has gone. But with the new 5.0 motor you can get more power and better results.

It's a 4v v8 and you can get all the parts from the USA. And prob most catalogs for swap over parts.

With the 5.4 there's some fabrication involved then you need to get an intake from Australia then fabricate that.

The 5.0 4v is just the easier way now.
OIFDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:48 AM   #23
A320PYLT
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Vehicle: 2003
Location: CA
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmslayr View Post
i was trying to find birdman941, to find out bout his KIT, wasn't able to. can someone send me his info???
I am 90% done with my GT500 project swap. I did not use birdman because he did the basic 5.4 non supercharged version and I was doing the GT500. I have photos on modularfords.com

A320PYLT
A320PYLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:31 AM   #24
gmslayr
 
gmslayr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Vehicle: 1998 ford mustang gt
Location: pa
Posts: 2
Default

i see, well i don't have the money for the new 5.0, wish i did, but i bought the 5.4 already so now I'm going to use it
gmslayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:48 PM   #25
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn
 
fastbackford351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 1967 Fastback & 2002 GT Convertible
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A320PYLT View Post
I am 90% done with my GT500 project swap. I did not use birdman because he did the basic 5.4 non supercharged version and I was doing the GT500. I have photos on modularfords.com

A320PYLT
Do you have a link how to get in touch with this guy. My 4.6 just took a dump and I'd really like to read more about this cats conversion kits.
__________________
Government Warning:

Governments are extremely dangerous.
Death, imprisonment, theft of property
and loss of freedom will result from
giving them too much power.
fastbackford351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:51 PM   #26
kast1376
3rd Gear Member
 
kast1376's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Vehicle: 2004 GT
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 635
Johnny-Goonhand
Send a message via Yahoo to kast1376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbackford351 View Post
Do you have a link how to get in touch with this guy. My 4.6 just took a dump and I'd really like to read more about this cats conversion kits.
Yours too? Mine developed knock at WOT after replacing the intake manifold.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margarita Girl View Post
I like happy endings. Just saying.
LM1s, MGW, MM subframes and CC, H&R SS, Blues, Bassani Catted X, 13" brakes, 3.73 gears
kast1376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:11 AM   #27
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn
 
fastbackford351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 1967 Fastback & 2002 GT Convertible
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,923
Default

My daughter has been driving my GT since the AC in her Saturn took a dump last week and her mother was concerned that her little snowflake was going to melt.

She calls me up and tells me that she broke down and when I get there about an hour later and there the engine is still ticking and popping. A quick examination reveals that the hose fitting going from the back of the manifold to the heater core broke and she lost all the coolant. I tow it to my buddy's shop and the deck of the wrecker is splattered with oil from God knows where but one thing is for sure, it isn't good.

She said that she, "...heard something funny but kept on driving for about 4 or 5 minutes when the car just completely died".

Me: After the funny sound what did the gauges look like?

Her: *blink. blink.* I'm sorry, Daddy.
__________________
Government Warning:

Governments are extremely dangerous.
Death, imprisonment, theft of property
and loss of freedom will result from
giving them too much power.
fastbackford351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:56 AM   #28
A320PYLT
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Vehicle: 2003
Location: CA
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbackford351 View Post
My daughter has been driving my GT since the AC in her Saturn took a dump last week and her mother was concerned that her little snowflake was going to melt.

She calls me up and tells me that she broke down and when I get there about an hour later and there the engine is still ticking and popping. A quick examination reveals that the hose fitting going from the back of the manifold to the heater core broke and she lost all the coolant. I tow it to my buddy's shop and the deck of the wrecker is splattered with oil from God knows where but one thing is for sure, it isn't good.

She said that she, "...heard something funny but kept on driving for about 4 or 5 minutes when the car just completely died".

Me: After the funny sound what did the gauges look like?

Her: *blink. blink.* I'm sorry, Daddy.
LMFAO ok this **** is not funny. Lets tell the truth if this had been a son you would have kicked him in his ***. I swear only a daughter could get away with this with an "im sorry daddy". If you tell me she cried too I swear I am gonna just die here.

Sounds awfully like your engine is gone man. I am selling my 99 SVT cobra engine only has 5000 miles on it too, Its the teksid block if youre interested.

A430PYLT
A320PYLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:38 AM   #29
kast1376
3rd Gear Member
 
kast1376's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Vehicle: 2004 GT
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 635
Johnny-Goonhand
Send a message via Yahoo to kast1376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A320PYLT View Post
LMFAO ok this **** is not funny. Lets tell the truth if this had been a son you would have kicked him in his ***. I swear only a daughter could get away with this with an "im sorry daddy". If you tell me she cried too I swear I am gonna just die here.

Sounds awfully like your engine is gone man. I am selling my 99 SVT cobra engine only has 5000 miles on it too, Its the teksid block if youre interested.

A430PYLT
If old man slowback isn't interested, I am. Where in CA are you?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margarita Girl View Post
I like happy endings. Just saying.
LM1s, MGW, MM subframes and CC, H&R SS, Blues, Bassani Catted X, 13" brakes, 3.73 gears
kast1376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:51 PM   #30
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn
 
fastbackford351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 1967 Fastback & 2002 GT Convertible
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,923
Default

Why hell yes she was crying. She was blowing snot all over the place when I got there but I think that was because she was more scared than anything else. She had never broken down in traffic before so it shook her up I guess.

I just talked to my buddy who said that when he pulled the filler cap to try to Blue Devil it that it was huffing so bad that he couldn't even pour it in. It's shot.

I had pretty much decided that I'm doing the Mark VIII swap but yeah, a 99 SVT would work just fine. PM sent.
__________________
Government Warning:

Governments are extremely dangerous.
Death, imprisonment, theft of property
and loss of freedom will result from
giving them too much power.

Last edited by fastbackford351; 08-29-2014 at 02:53 PM.
fastbackford351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:51 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Reply

Tags
1998, 2001, 46l, 5.4, 5.4l, 54l, dohc, emission, f150, fit, gt500, navigator, pass, shelby, swap, wont

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup