4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Kenne bell 2.1 no boost?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Aquarius

Is there anything wrong with tapping the gauge into the vacuum line running from the bypass valve to the fuel pressure transducer?

My gauge definitely works, got all the way up to 35psi with my floor pump last night but still not seeing boost when driving? Any other ideas?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:27 PM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
Dude Tim I was putting the blower on today and I was wondering about these EXACT ports you are talking about. I was really confused what the two you had on were for. According to your video I looked at you simply had the bypass valve/fuel pressure transducer hose assembly routed around to the 45 degree nipple. Does this mean you didnt have a boost gauge set up? If so why didnt you have your boost gauge on this fitting? Your video really looks like you had that hose assembly on there, not an independent boost hose. Also....what was the bigger fitting on the very back there with that little wire loom going over to your DPFE? My DPFE didn't have that little port on the back for you to plug that wire in. My DPFE also didnt mount anything like yours and the way you had yours mounted looked nothing like the install manual showed and said to mount it. You had yours mounted like flat with the backside of the DPFE up. Mine was mounted vertically on the back of that EGR bracket. I also dont have the wire/wire loom setup that you used to connect your DPFE to that funny little fitting. Inform me dude!
I did have the boost gauge hooked up. It was tied into the nipple i installed on the manifold.
You can see it here: 32 sec mark(the boost line itself is covered in the wire loom)

Not really sure what your talking about with the DPFE?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

Here is a pic. Cant see the nipple, but you can see the boost line running down the fire wall wrapped in wire loom

here are some more:

Hangwire: Edit one of the photos and show me what your talking about. Circle it in red or something.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

WTF is this loom? It certainly isnt teeing into the 45 degree fitting. Its coming from the bigger fitting that is further back towards the firewall that was put in one of those bull plug holes. It appears this simply goes into the back of your DPFE. See pics.

Heres the loom

Loom again.

This is where it appears to me its going. Which looks like its connecting to the back of some sensor there(I assume its your DPFE oddly mounted). I don't see where that loom goes along the firewall and into the interior.

Still cant find your boost line in your pictures.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

ok, well i cant see the pics on my company computer, but i did view them on my iphone. So.... The loom covered line you are pointing to in pics 1 and 2 IS my boost line. Its covered in wire loom to help protect it from touching the EGR line(or any other hot surface) and melting. I may have swapped out the 45* nipple for the larger straight one.... ? I just dont remember. But that is def my boost line that is tied into the manifold.
The line itself does not run straight back through the fire wall to connect to the gauge. It connects to the sensor(the one you are pointing to in pic 3) that was supplied with the gauges. My boost/vac is electric, therefore the boost line runs to this sensor and the electric signal is sent to the computer for the gauges via the weird plug you were speaking of. Just FYI, but I have these gauges(http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugeli...&opid=1&szid=2 )
Old 09-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Makes a lot more sense now, mine is mechanical so I was like wtf. You definitely have the boost hose harness going to the 45 degree fitting and your actual boost gauge hose going to the vertical fitting, as clearly seen at :32 of that vid. Either way i'm clear on that now thanks a lot dude. Was about to call you on that one but I was like eh I'll figure it out. That will be my shop's problem anyways now. When I got everything all together my passenger rear injector was leaking from the fuel rail. That and I friggin CRACKED my Power Distribution Box trying to get the bolt off so I could put the intercooler harness wire on there. I couldn't believe it, the f*cking bottom of the box CRACKED off before the bolt gave way. And now my horn doesn't work and my car is locking by itself. All other electronics work though so far, intercooler is pumping, headlights + brights work, turn signals, interior lighting, etc. I said F it and towed it to the shop and told them fix it. Might be quite costly.....

Your build still on hold? I want to see trick flow heads + KB cobra blower on a 2V ASAP.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:33 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

I was wondering how he had the 2.8 lol.

I WANT THAT ONE!! lol
Old 09-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

lol yea its still on hold. The divorce should be over here shortly(next 2 months or so) and then i can really start spending more time on it. Its just been put on the back burner for now until everything is said and done.

Well like i told you, feel free to call me anytime when you have questions like that. i dont mind at all