4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

2003 mustang gt upgrade help

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 03:41 PM
MR BACKHAND

Default 2003 mustang gt upgrade help

hi i have a 03 gt with 60k miles one owner little old lady traded it in for a new accord so i bought this and so far i have had 40 series flowmaster exhaust,cold air intake are installed but i have the preadator diablo tuner, under drive pullys ,and steeda timing advancer. waiting to be installed this week end

my question is what do i get next. i want power can you guys help me out with prices like maybe cams any ideas what installing cams cost? any ideas on a cheap super charger?? thanks im in california and loving this pony definitely my favorite car ever owned
Old 11-19-2010, 05:42 PM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

Gears!!!
Old 11-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

^^^^agreed!!!
Old 11-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

gears and plenum
Old 11-21-2010, 05:14 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by MR BACKHAND
hi i have a 03 gt with 60k miles one owner little old lady traded it in for a new accord so i bought this and so far i have had 40 series flowmaster exhaust,cold air intake are installed but i have the preadator diablo tuner, under drive pullys ,and steeda timing advancer. waiting to be installed this week end

my question is what do i get next. i want power can you guys help me out with prices like maybe cams any ideas what installing cams cost? Depending up where your at & whom does it (500-700ish) any ideas on a cheap super charger?? Search the forum function tab for the $1500 s/c kit. That would be your best bet at least to starting looking at thanks im in california and loving this pony definitely my favorite car ever owned
And the adding to: After gears.... do longtubes or go with an o/r mid pipe. Welcome aboard to the mustang family
Old 11-23-2010, 01:50 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

my question is what do i get next. i want power can you guys help me out with prices like maybe cams any ideas what installing cams cost? any ideas on a cheap super charger?? thanks im in california and loving this pony definitely my favorite car ever owned
From Pasedena?
Old 11-23-2010, 01:53 AM
Bladerunner
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffyk
From Pasedena?

Welcome.
Get FRPP 3.73's and a SCT Xcal3 handheld tuner.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:12 AM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffyk
From Pasedena?
dont you love how every used car is bought from a little old lady that never drove it?
Old 11-23-2010, 03:00 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

I just reread this post, you don't need the timing adjuster--see if you can return it.

Using it with the Predator (unless adjusted to 0° change) is not a good idea as the tuner will be expecting the base timing to be the stock 10° BTDC and will make its base tunes and calculate any changes you select¹ based on that assumption.

A more capable tuning system, that allowed changes to the Global Spark Adder (GSA) scalar value and had more timing control than the Predator, could be used with the Steeda adjuster--however changing the GSA is the same thing as what the adjuster does, so you still don't need both...

-----------------------------------------
¹ - The Predator only provides two timing settings, both for WOT correction only. One for the 2k to 4k rpm range, and the other for 4k to redline. Both allow spark timing to be adjusted in +10% to -40% range. I do not know exactly how these are applied to the tune, I presume they are used as multipliers for the Spark Borderline table.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:48 AM
MR BACKHAND

thanks everybody so it looks like gears ...now what gears do i go with?? i really do not drive the car much it is more of a fun car for me something that im fixing up so i can take to the car shows next season. im installing a system right now dvd player 3 kicker 12 inch subwoofers and 6x 6x8 kicker speakers, 2x 3.5 kicker coax kicker amps 10 amp capacitor should benefit the whole cars electrical system .thanks for the advice guys

Quick Reply: 2003 mustang gt upgrade help