Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Sponsored by Cruizin Concepts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
00GT64.5

Vehicle: 1964.5 Mustang & 2000 GT
Firesidebowl
Question Replacing Header Panel, how difficult?

I'm going to be replacing the header panel on a 2000 GT. Will I have to remove the radiator and/or anything else major, or is it a fairly simple install? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
00GT64.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
Brute03
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 Mustang GT

its really easy, just remove the headlights, then pull back the the fender liner and you'll see two nuts that hold the bumper bracket to the fender,loosen those. now remove the plastic screws from the vertical posts of the bumper. don't forget to disconnect your fog light harnesses.

you may need an extra set of hands here, grab the sides of the bumper and pull it away from the fender being careful not to scratch your paint and lay it aside. now you can remove the header panel by removing the bolts from both sides.

i may have missed a few things but that should give you an idea

2003 True Blue GT 5spd
-UPR x-pipe
-SLP Powerflo cat back
-Cobra Brakes
-Sniper tuned

Home-made mil's
Brute03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
00GT64.5

Firesidebowl

Very helpful. Thank you!
Old 03-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
schmallz
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00GT64.5 View Post
Very helpful. Thank you!
It's pretty easy, just make sure you have a buddy to help you remove and re-intsall the bumper.

What happened to your old one? I just put a new one in a couple months ago, the tabs between the upper grill and headlights were busted...
Spectre RAI, 75mmTB, Professional Products Upper and Lower Plenum, SLP Catted X-Pipe, SLP Power Flow

Tuned By JBA Racing

Straight lines are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers.
schmallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
00GT64.5

Firesidebowl

My front bumper encountered a pole a low speed and was ripped off. I expected the bumper itself to have failed, but it was the header panel that snapped. The two places where you bolt on the upper section of the bumper broke and split. The bumper itself came out ok, but got scratched to hell. So, I'm gonna put on a new cobra r bumper and need to replace the header panel so I have something to bolt it to.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:17 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1996, 2000, 2004, changing, gt, header, header panel, headers, install, mark, mustang, panel, pics, replace, viii