Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Sponsored by Cruizin Concepts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #11
schmallz
2nd Gear Member

http://www.livewiretuner.com/

This says 15 RWHP and 18 RWTQ with the canned tunes.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Spectre RAI, 75mmTB, Professional Products Upper and Lower Plenum, SLP Catted X-Pipe, SLP Power Flow

Tuned By JBA Racing

Straight lines are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers.
schmallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:48 PM   #12
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang 5.0
americanmusclefb americanmuscle

The "canned" or preloaded SCT tunes are okay, but SCT devices were really meant for custom tuning. If you get a custom mail-order tune from Bama, you're going to get about 20RWHP on 93 octane. That's dyno-proven horsepower from tunes that the Bama team, including myself, have developed over the years in our dyno tuning experience as well as in-house on our own Dynojet 224xLC, 10+ company vehicles and 30+ employee Mustangs.

It's more than just the WOT power, it's the driveability, and part throttle shifting and automatic trans characteristics for auto Stangs. Of course the 05+ Mustangs make tunes sound glorious, because they're drive-by-wire and Ford left alot more on the table. 1996-2004 tunes with few bolt-ons wont set the world on fire. But you will notice a difference all the way around. That, proper air/fuel ratio, optimized spark delivery, etc. There are tons of reasons why... and not too many why nots.

Oh and free tunes for life!

http://www.americanmuscle.com/x3-cus...eply3162011sct
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Need help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
AMChrisRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:50 AM   #13
supermario
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 Mustang GT

Thankyou for your input, Ive been browsing your website for a while now, just waiting on $$ as usual. I did have another question and sorry to go off course but what do you mean by throttle shifting on auto's. Im not sure, but i know when I drive mine, I will keep the pedal floored and then when it feels like its gonna shift, I will let up and floor it again. That seems to give me a better shift but Im not sure if Im gonna screw anything up doing that. Thanks for your help and all of the forum members help. Im not too familar with the newer mustangs. Thank all of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMChrisRose View Post
The "canned" or preloaded SCT tunes are okay, but SCT devices were really meant for custom tuning. If you get a custom mail-order tune from Bama, you're going to get about 20RWHP on 93 octane. That's dyno-proven horsepower from tunes that the Bama team, including myself, have developed over the years in our dyno tuning experience as well as in-house on our own Dynojet 224xLC, 10+ company vehicles and 30+ employee Mustangs.

It's more than just the WOT power, it's the driveability, and part throttle shifting and automatic trans characteristics for auto Stangs. Of course the 05+ Mustangs make tunes sound glorious, because they're drive-by-wire and Ford left alot more on the table. 1996-2004 tunes with few bolt-ons wont set the world on fire. But you will notice a difference all the way around. That, proper air/fuel ratio, optimized spark delivery, etc. There are tons of reasons why... and not too many why nots.

Oh and free tunes for life!

http://www.americanmuscle.com/x3-cus...eply3162011sct
supermario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:13 AM   #14
ill_eagle94
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 GT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goochstang View Post
I have exhaust, intake and I recently tuned my 01 GT and holy **** what a difference. I chirp 3rd now with the tune, mines auto btw.
I've got intake, O/R h, and a catback. My car does not chirp 3rd. Don't get me wrong, it shifts pretty hard, but it's not chirping 3rd.

Maybe it's because my snow tires are taller than stock diameter (235/55/17)? We'll see once I get the summer tires back on, although they're 315's, so they may not chirp in 3rd either.
ill_eagle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:00 PM   #15
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang 5.0
americanmusclefb americanmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario View Post
Thankyou for your input, Ive been browsing your website for a while now, just waiting on $$ as usual. I did have another question and sorry to go off course but what do you mean by throttle shifting on auto's. Im not sure, but i know when I drive mine, I will keep the pedal floored and then when it feels like its gonna shift, I will let up and floor it again. That seems to give me a better shift but Im not sure if Im gonna screw anything up doing that. Thanks for your help and all of the forum members help. Im not too familar with the newer mustangs. Thank all of you.
Hey,

It's no problem! The throttle response is a little improved (not as crazy as a drive-by-wire car, but definitely improved) as well, we make the trans shift firmer, and faster. We also change where it shifts to that it holds in gear a little longer and feels better for performance all the way around. This will keep you from having to let off each shift.

Chris
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Need help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
AMChrisRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:06 AM   #16
redriderjf87

Vehicle: 1997 Mazda B2300 (Ranger)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffyk View Post
There is very little you can bolt-on that will add any significant power without a custom tune; opening up the exhaust is about it.

The stock tuning has very conservative ignition timing and runs pig-rich at WOT (as much as 11.0:1) so that it will never ping on 87 octane fuel under any conditions. A dead stock new-edge GT will benefit from even an 87 octane optimised tune.

I have tuned a number of stock GTs and never had anyone come back from the first drive without a grin on there face...
I realize I'm reviving a zombie thread, but this is useful info. I'm having some Bama tune wot struggles (originally 10.0 afr, now 11.8 is the leanest I can seem to get). I was wondering how that compared to stock (since I feel like it should be better), it sounds like 12.3-12.4 or so is what more aggressive tunes end up at? Thanks
redriderjf87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:06 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
04, 2001, 2004, cobra, custom, gain, gains, gt, horsepower, hp, mach, mustang, sct, tune, tuner