4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:17 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

How To: Slow Down Sequential Tail Light Rate

Old 04-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Red2002GT
1st Gear Member

I bought my kit from them like 5 years ago and they still work great.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Thank You for the how to.

This is real good info to know
Old 03-22-2012, 07:15 AM
nativenyerintexas
1st Gear Member

I think I'll pick up a spare flasher and one of those thingies from RS and give it a whirl and keep the original as a backup in case I screw something up.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:44 PM
browner87

Talking

I bought a kit with a slow rate flasher and it seems the flasher is slightly damaged now (the blinking isn't always working right. The company I bought it from examined my light harness and said it was fine and must be the flasher). With this helpful writeup I might just save myself a month of shipping stuff to/from the US and be able to fix it myself

Thanks OP!

Old 07-03-2012, 07:30 AM
tstang77

Going to try this today! Thanks for the write-up OP
Old 07-23-2012, 07:25 PM
browner87

Question How the hell does it work?

Martinarcher64, can you explain how this works?? Yes, the flasher blinks slower, but it seems the lights themselves actually sequence slower too. How does the sequencer kit know it has longer to flash and flash slower? Do you have to modify the kits at all??

I've been in computer/electronics engineering for 4 years and besides some fancy electronics inside measuring blink time and remembering it for the next sequence, I can't fathom how the actual sequence speed changes.

Can anyone put my analytic mind at ease?
Old 09-05-2012, 09:23 AM
webeproducts

Originally Posted by browner87
Martinarcher64, can you explain how this works?? Yes, the flasher blinks slower, but it seems the lights themselves actually sequence slower too. How does the sequencer kit know it has longer to flash and flash slower? Do you have to modify the kits at all??

I've been in computer/electronics engineering for 4 years and besides some fancy electronics inside measuring blink time and remembering it for the next sequence, I can't fathom how the actual sequence speed changes.

Can anyone put my analytic mind at ease?
The WebElectric sequencers monitor the length of time the flasher is "on" and makes an adjustment to separate the sequence to match that on period. No other sequencers do that.

-L
Old 09-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Cali_Swag
1st Gear Member

Thank you for this write up!!! A certain site, that I do not want to call out because I buy a lot of things from them, is charging $50 just for the flasher relay box!!!! I always knew there was a cheaper way to slow down the turn signals. Thanks again OP.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:54 AM
browner87

Talking

Originally Posted by webeproducts
The WebElectric sequencers monitor the length of time the flasher is "on" and makes an adjustment to separate the sequence to match that on period. No other sequencers do that.

-L
I figured it must be something like that. I'm afraid I bought a set of sequencers from mustangtaillightsequencers.com, then returned them for repair under warranty, and never got them back (and the company has stopped answering my inquiries).

SO, I've decided to make my own sequencers, and dealing with writing flash pulse times to eeprom and read it back and stuff seems like overkill. I'll just measure my signal time (I have an already modified flasher) and program it with a fixed speed sequence.

I also don't know why these light kits are so expensive! I can make a splice-in kit for about $6 ($12 for both sides). Oh well, DIY to the rescue of my wallet!
Old 09-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Knechtion
1st Gear Member

well i recently bought some sequentials for the 02 and it was very fast , so i used these directions and it works great.

it was a $1.27 for the part.

The front blinkers are slower but, it is just fine, any slower though wouldnt be a good idea.

Thanks for the write up!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How To: Slow Down Sequential Tail Light Rate