4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

t45 build kit ???any suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

TKO 600...Period
T45 will go Kaboooom
Old 11-17-2011, 10:01 AM
croketa1
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Repzard
TKO 600...Period
T45 will go Kaboooom
which one is the tko 600
Old 11-17-2011, 10:35 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Your trans isnt the only concern u should hae wih areal 1000 hp build. Id like to hear about your motor and power adder setup along with the rear end and chasis.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:08 AM
croketa1
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Your trans isnt the only concern u should hae wih areal 1000 hp build. Id like to hear about your motor and power adder setup along with the rear end and chasis.
ya thats tru but that where im startin at, for the motor, im buying another 4.6 on the side and buiding that one, i might do another post for that later on when i get it , but for a little hint its my budy;s old engine, he spent bout 1500 upgrading the stock heads, so im not even sure wether to keep them or not for my build, i dont even know what kind of power will they hold, i do know he did the so called , port n polish on them, bigger valves, the bigest u can goon stock heads, and valve angle job, no cams tho , im gana get those.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

After reading this entire thread, I have decided that I hate you all.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:47 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by croketa1
ya thats tru but that where im startin at, for the motor, im buying another 4.6 on the side and buiding that one, i might do another post for that later on when i get it , but for a little hint its my budy;s old engine, he spent bout 1500 upgrading the stock heads, so im not even sure wether to keep them or not for my build, i dont even know what kind of power will they hold, i do know he did the so called , port n polish on them, bigger valves, the bigest u can goon stock heads, and valve angle job, no cams tho , im gana get those.
Dude no offense bu have no clue whats up, what is your budget for this build. A stpck 4.6 iron block isnt even really reliable at that power level.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:11 PM
croketa1
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Dude no offense bu have no clue whats up, what is your budget for this build. A stpck 4.6 iron block isnt even really reliable at that power level.
i know but there is no way ill be able to get a stock block up there thats why im asking you guys for tips, an how to build it, i kind have some clues on how to but i always like to ask around before doing anything, just because all the work will be done by me
Old 11-17-2011, 09:41 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by croketa1
i know but there is no way ill be able to get a stock block up there thats why im asking you guys for tips, an how to build it, i kind have some clues on how to but i always like to ask around before doing anything, just because all the work will be done by me
I already gave you a tip in your other, identical thread. You're wasting our time on here. You've been told it's not possible without spending thousands of dollars and that there are many more practical ways to go about attaining those numbers.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:26 PM
croketa1
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tdcalhoun89
I already gave you a tip in your other, identical thread. You're wasting our time on here. You've been told it's not possible without spending thousands of dollars and that there are many more practical ways to go about attaining those numbers.
dude seriously get off my back man , not cool u r the only ******* here, while everybody else is being cool.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:36 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

After reading through this thread, I have this to say.

While some members here might not be very tactful in their responses, they are definitely giving you savvy information.

I, personally think you need to do some more research on your potential build.

Not only are your plans pretty far fetched to have consistent and reliable 1000+hp out of a 4.6, it will be VERY expen$ive.

There are far better options for that kind of build that will be within a more reasonable budget.

However, if you just have endless pockets, then I say "GO FOR IT" because I'm all about the under dog.

But, after building a few pretty decent, well rounded, fast 4.6's...(and I paid through the nose for it) would look at other options

Quick Reply: t45 build kit ???any suggestions