4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Kenne bell on a 100k mile daily driven GT?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 08:16 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Jesus....you guys and posting videos when there are so many damn factors in a friggin street race....it's pointless.

Shut up and post your dyno sheets to SHOW NUMERICALLY when and where your at full boost and how much it climes....
Old 12-01-2011, 08:58 AM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by smitty2919
Jesus....you guys and posting videos when there are so many damn factors in a friggin street race....it's pointless.

Shut up and post your dyno sheets to SHOW NUMERICALLY when and where your at full boost and how much it climes....
sometimes the dyno numbers just dont matter bc the car with less power can possibly beat the one with more power. the centri gt vs the cobra shows that at first the cobra was out front then the lower power centri pulled on him Maybe bc the centri shines up top maybe who knows. But more than the dyno numbers matter in many cases. IMO
Old 12-01-2011, 11:54 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Ummm no . Dyno numbers may not be end all info, but videos showing two monkeys racing on the street is worthless.

To get accurate comparison you both have to be on same dyno, on same day in the same conditions (temp, humidity etc). Since that won't happen, I'll take a dyno sheet over a street race video.

Last edited by smitty2919; 12-01-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Ummm no . Dyno numbers may not be end all info, but videos showing two monkeys racing on the street is worthless.

To get accurate comparison you both have to be on same dyno, on same day in the same conditions (temp, humidity etc). Since that won't happen, I'll take a dyno sheet over a street race video.
k
Old 12-01-2011, 03:11 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

What's the matter? no comeback to that? Because you know I'm right. Videos don't show jack ****. Either compare with a time slip or show a dyno sheet. End of story.

"Wow dude you definitely over blew this whole conversation. And buddy the sad thing is you do not even know me and i prolly do have more experience then you do with performance cars lol."

You don't know him either, so why would you say you know more than him...
Old 12-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

What's the matter? no comeback to that? Because you know I'm right. Videos don't show jack ****. Either compare with a time slip or show a dyno sheet. End of story.

"Wow dude you definitely over blew this whole conversation. And buddy the sad thing is you do not even know me and i prolly do have more experience then you do with performance cars lol."

You don't know him either, so why would you say you know more than him...
comeback for what im not going to argue in circles bud. Its not always the more powerful car that wins races if that was the case I wouldnt have seen a impala ss outrun a gt500 3 times at the track here a few months ago. No traction but clearly more power. like you said there are many factors including power delivery. the subject has been beat to death many times thats why i didnt bother responding to you. Non car example me and my bud use to race bike all the time i had a cbr 954 he had a zx12(clearly faster) but bc of his massive power down low and the way he tried to launch it he could never beat me on the street 1/4 we raced out in the country. More power but he couldnt get me but anything past a 1/4 mile he would blow right by. many factors including power curve and the driver. Guten tag!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:48 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

RRockwell I guess we did all we can do we apparently can't give our opinions cause even our opinions are wrong to other people. Whatever point is I have a vortech im happy with it u guys can say whatever you want because im sure someone will tell me n Rockwell here about how wrong we r
Old 12-01-2011, 05:42 PM
sv650lex
2nd Gear Member

Um, I don't think there is any way to say either is better. I would love a kb for the street in the summer, but I like the fact my wife can climb in my car with a vortech at 8lbs when its 40 degrees out and raining. There isn't a whole lot of boost down low on my car and it makes it very easy to drive.

I just can't believe that everyone is arguing opinions
Old 12-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dwtjr3
RRockwell I guess we did all we can do we apparently can't give our opinions cause even our opinions are wrong to other people. Whatever point is I have a vortech im happy with it u guys can say whatever you want because im sure someone will tell me n Rockwell here about how wrong we r
same here I have it and love it and have no complaints about it even in the texas summers or on 1000+ mile trips its a blast no matter what im doing.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sv650lex
Um, I don't think there is any way to say either is better. I would love a kb for the street in the summer, but I like the fact my wife can climb in my car with a vortech at 8lbs when its 40 degrees out and raining. There isn't a whole lot of boost down low on my car and it makes it very easy to drive.

I just can't believe that everyone is arguing opinions:icon_sad:
My argument is that there is no "best supercharger for the 2v stang" im stating that they both build power in different ways but there is no "best" when it comes to centri vs pd on a 2v gt its all opinion and what you want. opinions not facts saying you like one more than the other is an opinion and is valid but to say one is the Best is stating a fact. im just saying its not a fact that the pd is the best for our cars but a few or a couple ppl on here begg to differ and say its the Best for our cars opinion somehow made to be fact.

Quick Reply: Kenne bell on a 100k mile daily driven GT?