4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

MMR Street Mod 750SE 4.75 Liter 2V Longblock , Any other Canadians rockin one?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 12:05 AM
onewheat

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
What's with all the haters in this thread? No need to get in an argument about how the OP spent to much money. Some people don't have the time, tools and or knowledge to do work themselves. If everyone was a mechanic no one would be in business making short and longblocks.

OP, congrats and good luck with your car.
The more I read through this forum, the more I think it is loaded with mainly 20 year olds and below. There are several people on here with great information and many more who mainly pound their own chests and just trash on others. It is disappointing.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:17 AM
MacDizzle

Default LOL I know

Exactamundo, #1 I live in a place with no covered garage and can not remove an engine here lol. #2 im out of money. I have done extensive work on my old motor myself including, Intake manifold and the radiator and stuff but this job was over my head. #3 this guys trippin if he thinks I could have built a fully forged motor capable of this kind of output on a $1200 dollar budget with brand new parts (MY NEW MOTOR IS FULLY NEW). My friend just built a high compression 92 5.0 in his garage, from a GT to a Cobra and even with his partsman ticket all in all hes making around 400hp non fi and is pissed that he cant go further due to such high compression. He is filthy rich and put $13 000 in to parts alone as an at home build with no help from a shop other than buying AFR Heads and cams etc from his parts dealer. In the end he wants to get rid of it because he is not happy with the high compression engine, and I have driven it. Honestly it screams but in comparisson with even my old engine. It wasnt mind blowingly better. It redlined a lot faster due to the extra 100 or so Hp and is waaay louder than my old car before i bought my new exhaust etc. In the end I am very happy with what I have from MMR and he already knows he needs a faster car now because when I supercharge mine is going to kick his *** and im just a broke **** with nothing. So anyone wanting to buy a kick *** 92 Cobra built by a guy who really knows his **** holler at me, my best friend has one ready to go for $9500 because he wants it gone. He was the one who explained to me why not to build such a high compression motor in the first place. You gain from stock but if you want more its over. Like I said if you want to fight come see me in real life, if you want to diss people go seek your real enemy the rice mobiles on a honda forum.
Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
What's with all the haters in this thread? No need to get in an argument about how the OP spent to much money. Some people don't have the time, tools and or knowledge to do work themselves. If everyone was a mechanic no one would be in business making short and longblocks.

OP, congrats and good luck with your car.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:23 AM
MacDizzle

Default yep

Thanks Wheat guy lol. Ya chest pounders lol. I use these forums for advice not to get hacked up by a moron. Hes probly like 17.
Originally Posted by onewheat
The more I read through this forum, the more I think it is loaded with mainly 20 year olds and below. There are several people on here with great information and many more who mainly pound their own chests and just trash on others. It is disappointing.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:36 AM
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MacDizzle
Thanks Wheat guy lol. Ya chest pounders lol. I use these forums for advice not to get hacked up by a moron. Hes probly like 17.
you can sit there and say whatever you want, but the truth is i cant see spending that much money on an engine, that quite frankly is going to be a disappointment until you get a blower on there... hell even $4000 would be too much for one... especially with stock heads since you made no mention of them being touched...

hell, you could buy a brand new Coyote motor, throw a set of cams on it and disable the Ti-VCT and make 450 to the tire all day long... if you want more than that i really dont know why, itll be too fast for most tracks unless you do a lot of safety upgrades and on the street itll be useless unless you constantly want to do roll races...

$6000 for an engine BETTER come with TFS heads, a set of MHS cams and it better be at least a 5.0 stroker if not bigger

and once again, $13K for a 400hp small block better be a joke, i had less than $5K into my 331 in my 95 and it dyno'd right around 400rwhp and for the most part it was new parts...
Old 12-09-2011, 11:20 AM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onewheat
I agree 1000000%

Im not pointing finger towards sn95 at all i dont have a problem with anyone on this forum, but i do see your point sn95 about the 6k price, but hey its his money if he thinks thats the way he want to go it his choice.

OP will have a nasty car once he throws a fuel system in and F/I

Last edited by dwtjr3; 12-09-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:22 AM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MacDizzle
Exactamundo, #1 I live in a place with no covered garage and can not remove an engine here lol. #2 im out of money. I have done extensive work on my old motor myself including, Intake manifold and the radiator and stuff but this job was over my head. #3 this guys trippin if he thinks I could have built a fully forged motor capable of this kind of output on a $1200 dollar budget with brand new parts (MY NEW MOTOR IS FULLY NEW). My friend just built a high compression 92 5.0 in his garage, from a GT to a Cobra and even with his partsman ticket all in all hes making around 400hp non fi and is pissed that he cant go further due to such high compression. He is filthy rich and put $13 000 in to parts alone as an at home build with no help from a shop other than buying AFR Heads and cams etc from his parts dealer. In the end he wants to get rid of it because he is not happy with the high compression engine, and I have driven it. Honestly it screams but in comparisson with even my old engine. It wasnt mind blowingly better. It redlined a lot faster due to the extra 100 or so Hp and is waaay louder than my old car before i bought my new exhaust etc. In the end I am very happy with what I have from MMR and he already knows he needs a faster car now because when I supercharge mine is going to kick his *** and im just a broke **** with nothing. So anyone wanting to buy a kick *** 92 Cobra built by a guy who really knows his **** holler at me, my best friend has one ready to go for $9500 because he wants it gone. He was the one who explained to me why not to build such a high compression motor in the first place. You gain from stock but if you want more its over. Like I said if you want to fight come see me in real life, if you want to diss people go seek your real enemy the rice mobiles on a honda forum.
e85 and meth injection and you can run a high CR motor with boost
Old 12-09-2011, 11:37 AM
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dwtjr3
I agree 1000000%

Im not pointing finger towards sn95 at all i dont have a problem with anyone on this forum, but i do see your point sn95 about the 6k price, but hey its his money if he thinks thats the way he want to go it his choice.

OP will have a nasty car once he throws a fuel system in and F/I
and im not sitting here saying he wont have a nice car WHEN ITS DONE... its just that while hes driving it around before its done its going to feel like a waste of money...

not only that but if the OP is seriously aiming for 750hp i hope he knows he much chassis setup that involves, not only will it not be a fun car if it isnt right, itll be downright dangerous...
Old 12-09-2011, 01:17 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by sn95_331_GT_ yellow
and im not sitting here saying he wont have a nice car WHEN ITS DONE... its just that while hes driving it around before its done its going to feel like a waste of money...
Clearly, if the OP bought a $6000 motor he didn't think it was a waste of money. It doesn't matter what you think.

I don't understand the point of coming into the thread telling the OP how much he wasted money when in his first post you could tell he was excited about the purchase. I'm not the most liked on the forum and make some worthless points so this coming from me should say that's pretty messed up.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:46 PM
jtb727
3rd Gear Member

for a motor with stock heads, and cams, he basically paid 6k for a different rotating assembly, and later he states he only wishes to make 5-600 at the wheel.

Why not buy a termi motor, they'll handle that much ALLL day long, Yes MMR is a reputable place, but for a basically stock motor, with no goodies in the top end, its sad to see a fellow spend that kind of money when he could have spent the same amount and been at his desired power levels., a stock 03/04 cobra motor W/ ported and pullied STOCK blower, throw a decent fuel system at it, and make his desired power for around 6-7k total, not 6k+blower, which if he wants everything "new as he states" will be another 5-6 k.. 12k into a motor is a LOT of money..

OP, whats your set up as far as trans, rearend? and suspension.. ?? 600 on a bone stock trans, clutch, and rear is asking for something to happen boss, and when it does, its not pretty, and can be EXTREMELY dangerous, to you, passengers, and anyone remotely close to the car, Look up my "cobra aftermath thread".. it may make you rethink if that much HP is what you really want(That car was fully built except for the bell housing an guess where things went sour?.. 350 WHP and a suspension well set-up can scare you, and put you in your seat better than something that is squirly.

I'm not "hatin" or pounding my chest, just asking if you have plans for the rest of the car.. and what your goals are..
Old 12-09-2011, 05:57 PM
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jtb727
for a motor with stock heads, and cams, he basically paid 6k for a different rotating assembly, and later he states he only wishes to make 5-600 at the wheel.

Why not buy a termi motor, they'll handle that much ALLL day long, Yes MMR is a reputable place, but for a basically stock motor, with no goodies in the top end, its sad to see a fellow spend that kind of money when he could have spent the same amount and been at his desired power levels., a stock 03/04 cobra motor W/ ported and pullied STOCK blower, throw a decent fuel system at it, and make his desired power for around 6-7k total, not 6k+blower, which if he wants everything "new as he states" will be another 5-6 k.. 12k into a motor is a LOT of money..

OP, whats your set up as far as trans, rearend? and suspension.. ?? 600 on a bone stock trans, clutch, and rear is asking for something to happen boss, and when it does, its not pretty, and can be EXTREMELY dangerous, to you, passengers, and anyone remotely close to the car, Look up my "cobra aftermath thread".. it may make you rethink if that much HP is what you really want(That car was fully built except for the bell housing an guess where things went sour?.. 350 WHP and a suspension well set-up can scare you, and put you in your seat better than something that is squirly.

I'm not "hatin" or pounding my chest, just asking if you have plans for the rest of the car.. and what your goals are..
exactly. i say to buy a term or new coyote and i get bashed for it and im not 17 and work in a car shop and have some knowledge of what im talking about and you that say im pounding my chest must be high cause you are the ones actually doing so, so shove it. 2nd is you people who got 12k to drop on a motor then go buy a brand new 5.4L Supercharged and make 550 hp out of the box then not many can say that and brand new engine and technology. also which has better resale value? um new 5.0 or 5.4 or term. case and point sorry you all think you are better than everybody else and know more cause i hate to burst your bubble but you DONT!

Quick Reply: MMR Street Mod 750SE 4.75 Liter 2V Longblock , Any other Canadians rockin one?