4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Help identify LCA/UCA?

Old 12-14-2011, 08:16 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Sorry crash i love ya but i had to do it.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:27 AM
xxDerek
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
Yes it would! We wont invite Mike though, his car can only run straight lol jkjk
Hahaha, don't let him see you say that!

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
Derek... Reinstall a set of OEM uppers and call it good for now. I am not a fan of your design of lowers, but really not that big a deal at all. Do your turbo, "K", "A"s, and CO's and see how she does.

If your looking to do corners, you should stick with those who design this stuff specifically for such use.... MM & Griggs. Others will work, offer a bit more room and be less expensive, but hard cornering is VERY stressful to the "K", so don't recommend you mess with less.

Jazzer

PS. Crash and I met a couple years ago in Berkeley. He brought his gal and I brought mine, but is now my wife. I can't find any pictures, as I thought I took some We didn't have much more than time for lunch, but was a great guy and maybe do it again some day
Sounds great dude, appreciate the info. Now to find some OEM uppers lol.. I just met Crash myself a couple weeks ago, definitely a good guy Gave me a ride in that IRS'd Bullitt, made me jealous lol
Old 12-14-2011, 09:37 PM
kingrukus
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
I believe they are both older generation Granatelli's.

The UCA's are a horrible design (not the manufacturer, just the design) and recommend you swap them for OEM or ones with a spherical end, as those introduce MASSIVE amounts of bind in your 4-link. The LCA's also introduce some bind, just not as detrimental. If you are into DD and the 1/4 mile, you really need to swap the uppers out with a spherical ended UCA. If you are a DD that is into the corners, I would ask that you swap both sets with spherical ended arms. But, before you do either of these things, I would ask you this....

What are the ultimate goals for your car?

Jazzer
Sorry about the newbie question, but what do you mean by spherical ended?
Old 12-15-2011, 06:09 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

It is technically called a Heim Joint. After talking with Jazzer about different stuff, he turned me on to the LCA's below with at least one spherical end. I don't go HARD in corners, but my first spirited corner I could tell a difference.

Here are the LCA's I run:
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-9...trol-arms.html

OP...do you work for retro-solutions? I've bought HID's from there.

Last edited by smitty2919; 12-15-2011 at 06:13 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Syracuse315
2nd Gear Member

Smitty, how hard was that install?
Old 12-15-2011, 02:33 PM
xxDerek
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by smitty2919
OP...do you work for retro-solutions? I've bought HID's from there.
No I don't, I just stand behind them. I had a set on my 07 and I plan on getting a set for my Saleen now. Installed probably ~9 kits on buddies cars as well, only ever heard of someone having a problem once with a bulb going out on them. Todd over at Retro agreed to replace it and shipped it to him within a couple days. Good kits, great customer service, gotta love it
Old 12-15-2011, 05:30 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Sorry crash i love ya but i had to do it.
It's all good, I lol everytime one of you meatballs do that. Speaking fo meatball, where's that purp anyways?
Old 12-15-2011, 06:13 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

They found purp in a dumpster behind a chipendales club in new york it was all over the news.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:18 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Syracuse315
Smitty, how hard was that install?
Well.....assuming the bolts come out both ends of the stock LCA it's pretty straight forward. I just measured the hole distance of the stock LCA's then set the new ones to the same length. Here are more pics of the install. I had to remove my rear brakes to hammer the axle end bolts out. Look on Maximum Motorsports for their LCA install. I looked at 5 diff install write-ups and got a basic idea how to do it. Keep in mind to mark ride height on your shocks and to tighten the LCA bolts after install with load on the car.

I also had to flip the sway bar taba around from their original orientation because of how the swaybar bolts to the new LCA. No biggie, just use a flathead screwdriver and pop them off.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/389824...upe-2d/page-16
Old 12-15-2011, 06:42 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by uberstang1
They found purp in a dumpster behind a chipendales club in new york it was all over the news.
No doubt he was roof'd again....right? lol

btw-derek, you coming out again tonight? It is supposed to be cold and I'm not sure how likely we aere to have the meet tonight...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help identify LCA/UCA?