4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Does someone give me an answer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 12:19 PM
J.Rousseau

Default Does someone give me an answer?

Hello, I'm new here, I'm from Spain and I'm a Mustang lover.
I have a 1997 GT Mustang and I would like to know if the 1999 - 04 hood will fit on my car.
I would like to ask too the best exhaust sound, I think I'll buy a catted X-pipe and the 40's flowmaster mufflers, is that one the best choise?
Someone know if the blue light of the gauges can be remplaced into other colors.
Thank you all from Spain!
Old 01-05-2012, 12:25 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Welcome, the hood will not fit you will need a 94-98 hood. Exhqust choice all comes down to personally preference I would check out some clips on youtube.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:42 PM
J.Rousseau

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Welcome, the hood will not fit you will need a 94-98 hood. Exhqust choice all comes down to personally preference I would check out some clips on youtube.
Thank for your answer, anyway cervini's auto design has good hoods I'll try to get one.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:30 PM
brent22
2nd Gear Member

cervini's hood are good but can get expensive. Check out H.O. FiberTrends... good quality products.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:36 PM
stevednmc
3rd Gear Member

the hood questions answered, now to your exhaust and dash lights...Exhaust is subjective as to personal taste, listen to some sound clips and see what you like. The set up you suggest will sound pretty good i think, personally I would (and did) go with a cat back system. The midpipe is up to you. Catted X, catted H, offroad for both...alot of brands. X pipes tend to sound raspy and H pipes tend to sound deeper.
As to the lights, if you have stock gauges you can change the light color with LED bulbs. The tint your lights shine through is blue in that year so keep that in mind. Check out superbrightleds.com. They have all the led lights you could want and you can search by make model and year to see what it takes to do it. Happy Hunting!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:07 PM
J.Rousseau

Thanks for your answers, the exhaust I would like it was deeper and louder so maybe a H-pipe. I will look some videos to see it. Thank you again for the links and answers.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Pollack1

Default Hood options

Thanks for someone having the same question, and thanks for the info in the replies. Very helpful.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:30 AM
piledriver
Banned

No advise from me; I just think that talking with someone in Spain is cool! Are you in the American Armed Forces, an American who moved there, or are you Citizen born and raised in Spain? You don't have to answer these questions if you think that are too personal. What did it cost? Thank you my friend. ( I like my catless X, lol).
Old 02-24-2012, 08:22 AM
J.Rousseau

Originally Posted by piledriver
No advise from me; I just think that talking with someone in Spain is cool! Are you in the American Armed Forces, an American who moved there, or are you Citizen born and raised in Spain? You don't have to answer these questions if you think that are too personal. What did it cost? Thank you my friend. ( I like my catless X, lol).
Hey, thank you. I'm a french citizen living in Spain. The price here is a lot different, higher. Next year Ill try to get one from USA and bring it here.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Mustangs and the internet, bringing the world closer together!

Quick Reply: Does someone give me an answer?