4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:31 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting
Print Wikipost

Halo Projector Headlights Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 08:47 PM
OneSik03

Originally Posted by seanyd2318
sorry for not being clear but steve is correct. I "threw it out" as giving you an idea.

1) I do currently have HIDs in these headlights: http://www.americanmuscle.com/sm99hewiclco.html

HIDs in a projector headlight are technically better because you can adjust or point the light better. People do not like putting HIDs in our OEM housing because the OEM housing is a reflective housing and just reflects the light onto the road. They also can be a little more irritating for oncoming traffic. I find that with a smoked housing that the light is not that annoying to oncoming traffic and it still gives out a great amount of light.

2. Installation for both the headlights and the fogs were very simple. For the fogs you have to do the same thing for the headlights and just pick the correct bulb that fits the housing. I actually cut off the connectors and spliced the wires together. I found that this was more reliable than the plugs they provide. I zip tied the ballasts somewhere by the backside of the light. The ballasts are small and light so they can really go anywhere. Just try to keep them away from a place that will get soaked.

3. I LOVE them and so does everyone else that sees the car. I live in CT and I have never had a problem with them.
Hey Seany
I got my headlight assemblies from american muscle (the same darked smoked ones you have in the link). I went ahead and installed them with the stock bulbs, and I am waiting for the HID's to arrive still. These look awesome!!!! 2 questions though...

1. Probably stupid question, but is there really going to be enough clearence for the long HID bulb to fit into the assembly. Maybe its just me looking at them, but that aluminum reflector thing looks like it won't give an HID bulb enough room haha.

2. How do you aim the headlights? I know where the screw is to do it, but when I tried to quickly do it it did not look like it was moving the beam or anything. Which way do I turn it for up and down?
Old 01-21-2012, 04:37 PM
OneSik03

Ok guys, I got my HID's installed for my headlights and they look amazing. Thanks for the help. Now I am trying to install the foglights, but am having a little trouble figuring out the wiring. How do I get power to the HID fog lights? Do I use the factory harness? And how if so? Someone please help me with this, I am stumped.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:22 PM
stevednmc
3rd Gear Member

Should hook up the same way as the headlights did, just will be a different bulb base than the headlights. I should think you would use the factory harness and adapt the foglight kit into it with their supplied harness.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:05 PM
seanyd2318

With DDM the fogs are different. The fogs just plug into the factory wires. I spliced mine together because I got some flicker when I used the plug and play. Congrats on everything and I am happy they came out well. Post some pics when everything is done!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:10 PM
StockD15b
4th Gear Member

+1 one on the pics, make sure you get one of the lights shinning on a wall at apart 25ft away.A "wall shot" we like to call it.