4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

PLEASE HELP!!!! Mustang leaning to one side.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 04:18 PM
jr80coupe

Question PLEASE HELP!!!! Mustang leaning to one side.

whats up guys. i need help asap on a problem i have.I have a 2000 GT convertible with lowering springs that the previous owner installed and i noticed that the car leans to my driver side. Im currently running 18'' FR500 wheels with 275-40- NITTO NT555''s and its sits flush on the driver side but on my passenger it sits like a 1.5 high. what could it be. I need your help asap.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:50 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Check to make sure both sides have the spring isolators installed, if so then you'll need to look for suspension component damage and if none it apparent pull the springs and see if they have the same free length--one may have sagged...
Old 02-02-2012, 04:59 PM
redneck racer
2nd Gear Member

Could be a bad shock/strut. When working correctly they are holding up quite a bit of weight. Measure from the ground to highest point on the fenderwell and check all 4 corners. They should be pretty close on both fronts, and close on both rears if not you can narrow the problem down maybe.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:40 PM
jr80coupe

CLIFFYK= I have gone under the car and checked for damage suspension parts and everything looks good. i have not check to see if both sides have the isolators or not but will check that out. i was thinking of putting on some stock springs i had to see if it did the same thing. what do you think?

REDNECKRACER= The driver side seams to be fine it sits like 1 inch from the tire front and back but the pass side has like a 1.5 inch gap( three finger gap) on both front and back. could it be possible that only one side has damage shocks and struts?
Old 02-02-2012, 07:31 PM
redneck racer
2nd Gear Member

With it leaning to one side, i would assume the lower side has a issue. Maybe get someone to listen to the strut/shock while you bounce on the car. They may be able to hear something and better pinpoint the issue.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Brute03
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by redneck racer
Could be a bad shock/strut. When working correctly they are holding up quite a bit of weight. Measure from the ground to highest point on the fenderwell and check all 4 corners. They should be pretty close on both fronts, and close on both rears if not you can narrow the problem down maybe.
shocks don't bear weight, if they did you wouldn't be able to compress one with your hands
Old 02-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

My guess is either its a weak spring or ISO on that side.Or bad perch or not seated correct and spring was installed wrong.

Spring need to be turned in the correct position when installed.
maybe this is the issue with sagging on one side .

Brute03 is correct... don't see it being a shock where they don't bare weight.springs do.
Also take a peek at the UCA maybe one is damaged

may also want to make a shout out\PM to Jazzer the cat, he knows a lot about Mustang suspension and maybe able to help you.

GL
Old 02-03-2012, 01:36 PM
jr80coupe

I think that the driver side that sits lower is the good side because it sits exactly the same way my 03 GT sat. the problem is on the passenger side, im going to be taking a look at it tomorrow morning to see if the springs are installed correctly. there's something going on on the passenger side because it just looks too high, looks sorta like its stock height.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:19 AM
bobbydale

Originally Posted by jr80coupe
whats up guys. i need help asap on a problem i have.I have a 2000 GT convertible with lowering springs that the previous owner installed and i noticed that the car leans to my driver side. Im currently running 18'' FR500 wheels with 275-40- NITTO NT555''s and its sits flush on the driver side but on my passenger it sits like a 1.5 high. what could it be. I need your help asap.
I have the same problem. Its been driving me crazy. I have read thousands of threads with no fix. Ok drivers side leans, passenger side high about a half an inch. Really bad on passenger rear. I took the isolater of the front passenger spring, now the car sits allmost perfect. I will eventually cut the front right spring to replace the isolator. Why does it lean i dont know. I just know it had to be fixed.

Read more at: http://www.modularfords.com/threads/...03#post1864803
Old 10-07-2013, 04:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Rear spring in the front and vise versa?

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP!!!! Mustang leaning to one side.