Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Sponsored by Cruizin Concepts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
FoMoCo01

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Mustang GT
Default FoMoCo01's Mineral Grey Build Post

Hey guys, wasn't sure where to put my build post so I'm sorry If this is in the wrong section but here it is...

My name is Chris, and ill be 21 years old later this month. I work as a tech at a small mustang tuning/repair shop in Broomfield, Colorado. I've got a 2001 mustang gt that I've been modding for quite some time but just started on my build about a year and a half ago. The car was my first car that I bought from my mom when I was in high school. Of coarse since I was a teenager and wanted a fast car I started throwing bolt ons at it but that wasn't doing much for the car. I went to automotive school and got my job at the shop I work at now and started realizing that drag racing wasn't my thing. I put the car in storage and started planning my build for the car. I didn't want just a normal build of just swapping in an engine with a ridiculous amount of power and no supporting mods so I decided to build the car for road coarses. First off I started with suspension and brakes, then the interior, and finally moving to the engine. With that being said here's the current list of mods.

ENGINE: stock engine, bolt ons, comp stage 1 cams, kooks long tubes, o/r x

SUSPENSION: maximum motorsports full road race suspension, torsen t2r rear dif, 3.73's, cobra brakes all around

INTERIOR: kirkey road race seats, mm 6 point roll bar, custom radio delete, crow 5 point harness, rear seat delete

IN PROGRESS: deciding on a good sounding catback (had slp lm1's before), personal pole position steering wheel, airbag deletes, new tires, tiger racing hood, cf trunk lid, possible cobra r splitter (undecided), MMR mod 900 short block, trick flow 2v heads, cms boost cams, kenne bell 2.6h, tko500, spec stage 3 clutch

FUEL SYSTEM: cobra tank, twin aeromotive stealth 340's, pprv delete, frpp 60#'s, e85

I'm lookin for about 550 at the wheels up here at this altitude. Thanks for checking out my build and let me know what you think!

Click the image to open in full size.

This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 03-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 Mustang Gt 5 speed

Looking good man. I always love the look of the spoiler delete. Nice choice on the rear dif...I ran that same model before in my blown ranger and LOVED it. I think with that list of goodies you will have one mean ride. Should have no trouble handing vette's their *** on a road coarse.
BBK Fenderwell, Trickflow 75mm Plenum, Summit 75mm TB, Steeda Triax, King Cobra Clutch, FRPP Flywheel, Steeda Cable Adjuster/Quadrant, SLP catted X-pipe, SLP LM1 exhaust, Sniper SF Tuning, Weld in Full Length SFCs, FRPP 4.10 Gears, Carbon Clutch Discs.

**COP Sticky**

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT View Post
Picture the search button as a clitoris...it opens doors that will satisfy your wildest dreams.
devongarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1997 SVT Cobra
Daniel Merrill

Very good looking project car, you should be proud.

Fondest memories: 1969 428CJ, it was stolen 60 days after complete rebuild.....
Worst memory: 1965 Notch back, rolled end over end, 2 days after rebuild, fractured Strut-bar..... Lesson learned: ALWAYS upgrade the front suspension of an early Mustang!
Worst mustang: 1974 4-cyl auto (it was cheap, I was broke...).
Favorite body style 1965/66 Fastback.
Present stable: 1997 SVT Cobra, 50k miles, Paciffic Green w/ tan leather & lots of goodies.
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:53 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
66, building, carbon fiber, home, kirkey, maximum motorsports, mineral grey, mmr, mod 900, modular, mustang, powered, race, road, seat, vbulletin