4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Pro Charger or KB

Old 04-02-2012, 11:38 AM
grahamgt

Originally Posted by Gt04
For a daily driven car that sees some track time Ipersonally prefer my Kb. I had a vortec and a procharger before my Kb and they were no where near as fun. A lot of people are going to argue with me about this as always happens but 95% of these opinions are people that have not owned both types.
Thanks I'll probably go that route it's more badass
Old 04-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grahamgt
okkk!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y
Old 04-02-2012, 02:48 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Id take a centrifical over a kb.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

What do you mean in particular on that note?
Old 04-02-2012, 04:17 PM
grahamgt

Originally Posted by Rockwell28
What do you mean in particular on that note?
I mean it sounds meaner and a kenne bell is just a beast of a supercharger
Old 04-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

I mean it sounds meaner and a kenne bell is just a beast of a supercharger
lol point taken Good luck with ya project.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Dragonus18
2nd Gear Member

The only problem with the KB is trying to keep the tires from breaking loose. With a procharger the power is made up high which promotes traction because it doesn't come on until about 2500-3000rpms. With a KB your power is low to mid RPM range which can indeed make a fun street car but unless your rear end is built you're going to break something sooner than later because your rear isn't built. The other thing is that on the top end it doesn't make much power. On a centri blower that's not the case. I don't have to build my rear end because I'm not going to be hardly straining it when I launch and when I'm racing the top end from the centri blower is going to help out a lot. The other thing is blower whine. I don't have anything against a KB but I don't like the way the blower whines. It sounds like a pig getting slaughtered to me but I know to someone else it must sound like a beautiful melody to their ears. You can see how a centri blower acts by the video I posted below. I have some Nitto 555R's on and all they do is chirp and I'm making 383rwtq at the tire. Given this video is a little dated because I've had this blower on a while it can show you how centri blowers act at the drag strip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIUiH...IcguNEieYwE-g=
Old 04-02-2012, 05:59 PM
97stanger
5th Gear Member

where did this idea come that KB's are gods of all blowers? I guess when people see them on termi's making 700hp...

Like said, its all in what you want. If you want to roast tires than go for a KB. If you want to make more power with rpm than go centri.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dragonus18
The only problem with the KB is trying to keep the tires from breaking loose. With a procharger the power is made up high which promotes traction because it doesn't come on until about 2500-3000rpms. With a KB your power is low to mid RPM range which can indeed make a fun street car but unless your rear end is built you're going to break something sooner than later because your rear isn't built. The other thing is that on the top end it doesn't make much power. On a centri blower that's not the case. I don't have to build my rear end because I'm not going to be hardly straining it when I launch and when I'm racing the top end from the centri blower is going to help out a lot. The other thing is blower whine. I don't have anything against a KB but I don't like the way the blower whines. It sounds like a pig getting slaughtered to me but I know to someone else it must sound like a beautiful melody to their ears. You can see how a centri blower acts by the video I posted below. I have some Nitto 555R's on and all they do is chirp and I'm making 383rwtq at the tire. Given this video is a little dated because I've had this blower on a while it can show you how centri blowers act at the drag strip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIUiH...IcguNEieYwE-g=
Couldn't have said it any better.. BTW bad a** vid my man!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:03 PM
01FPGT
1st Gear Member

procharger im a little biased, but couldn't be more happy with my decision to get the D1SC. like people stated, makes power higher in the power band, and as we all know it is hard to keep the tires from breaking loose.
**the kb whine is sick tho...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pro Charger or KB