Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Sponsored by Cruizin Concepts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Pro Charger or KB

Old 04-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #41
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 03 MUSTANG GT, 06 TBSS, 02 RC-51
Send a message via Yahoo to Rockwell28

I understand what you're saying on that note. There was a guy "stal" on the other forum that runs his car quite a bit. He went from a built centri 2v car and eneded up selling it and getting a 04 cobra well long story short he got rid of the eaton for a TS pd blower he said time and time again that he loves the power the only downside is the heat it creates after a couple of runs and how the ecu pulls timing after that and therefore we know its down on power after that til it cools off for quite a bit. he said it does it quite a bit more than the centri setup on the built 2v he had. So in short the bonus was the low end grunt but the downside was the heat in comparison after running it hard.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
03GT(auto) 3:73s, V1 s-trim, 339hp/358rwtq @5psi
06 TBSS(DD) H/C/E 439rwhp/439rwtq
02 RC-51 pc, slip ons
PROUD Iraq/Afghanistan war Vet 4 deployments total the wife is an Army/war vet also.
Rockwell28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #42
speedkills
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1999 Ford Mustang GT

I have a question. Why do manufacturers (Ford, Mercedes, GM, etc) use pd blowers instead of centri on most of their models?
speedkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #43
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills View Post
I have a question. Why do manufacturers (Ford, Mercedes, GM, etc) use pd blowers instead of centri on most of their models?
Eaton only produces OEM (factory, from the dealer) type superchargers. http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsS.../FAQ/index.htm

the two fastest production cars One Bugatti runs turbo's and the Koenigsegg CCX run a modular ford 4.7 liter with guess what form of FI? Two centri blowers.

The question is why ppl tend to ditch those eatons and sell them.
02 RC-51 pc, slip ons
PROUD Iraq/Afghanistan war Vet 4 deployments total the wife is an Army/war vet also.

Last edited by Rockwell28; 04-05-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #44
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Vehicle: 1997 Mustang GT, 2002 F150 XLT 4x4 Triton
MustangSVT97r
Send a message via AIM to uberstang1 Send a message via Yahoo to uberstang1

People make it sound like centris have boost lag or something like and old turno which isnt true, u mash the pedal WOT and its instant boost.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #45
supermario
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 Mustang GT

Ok thats what I wanted to know. So it kinda really doesnt matter what rpm's the power is because if you want, you can just control your pedal to when its needed? If I were cruising on highway at 70mpg, If i mash the pedal, its there. If im at a red light, If i mash the pedal, its there! Right? Only difference is when your not mashing the pedal you will feel as if there was no supercharger with a centri?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberstang1 View Post
People make it sound like centris have boost lag or something like and old turno which isnt true, u mash the pedal WOT and its instant boost.
supermario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #46
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario View Post
Ok thats what I wanted to know. So it kinda really doesnt matter what rpm's the power is because if you want, you can just control your pedal to when its needed? If I were cruising on highway at 70mpg, If i mash the pedal, its there. If im at a red light, If i mash the pedal, its there! Right? Only difference is when your not mashing the pedal you will feel as if there was no supercharger with a centri?
That about sums it up. Bc the power will be there its just a linear build of power all the way to redline. Uber nailed it some ppl just make it sounds like centri's have this big lag when they dont. it takes hardly no time for the power to come on and if you're on the highway with a centri you will definately feel it even at 1/4 throttle or less but usually when I travel from Tx to Ga I only see boost about 3% of the time max bc I play around sometimes other than that its easy sailing but the power is clearly there . Not nocking the PD blowers but it seems like there are some rumors out there about how the power isnt there on a centri. Even from a standstill with a centri you can roast your tires with no problem at all through 1st and part of 2nd gear.
02 RC-51 pc, slip ons
Old 04-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #47
Dragonus18
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 mustang gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwell28 View Post
That about sums it up. Bc the power will be there its just a linear build of power all the way to redline. Uber nailed it some ppl just make it sounds like centri's have this big lag when they dont. it takes hardly no time for the power to come on and if you're on the highway with a centri you will definately feel it even at 1/4 throttle or less but usually when I travel from Tx to Ga I only see boost about 3% of the time max bc I play around sometimes other than that its easy sailing but the power is clearly there . Not nocking the PD blowers but it seems like there are some rumors out there about how the power isnt there on a centri. Even from a standstill with a centri you can roast your tires with no problem at all through 1st and part of 2nd gear.
+1

100% true. That was my first misconception when I got it as well. I remember I floored it and the boost was instant and I was roasting 1st and 2nd gear. It caught me completely by surprise and almost made me hit a tree the day after the install. Centri blowers make power everywhere in the rpm band like all other blowers but they make their peek boost at 3k on the p-1sc models. The more boost the sooner boost comes on. I know at idle my procharger is providing me 2 pounds and I have a pulley meant for 10pounds. I remember that I tested this theory on the highway that it would come on instantly and I downshifted. Needless to say I floored it after downshifted to 3rd gear and the very moment I did I heard that centri blower screaming and the power was instantly there. In a matter of moments I was at 90mph and I shifted to 4th gear and didn't let up but neither did my blower. It screamed up until 120mph and it only stopped because I let off the throttle. I was in peek boost the entire time. If you only lived in Miami fl I would take you for a ride and literally show you what centrifugal blowers do but you live a very long distance away.
Dragonus18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #48
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: Roush
Send a message via AIM to LilRoush

Quote:
Because they work great, last a long time and give people power low in the power band where it can be used on a street car (or a part time race car).

Even in the Mustang world, look what the major players use for their cars:

SVT: PD blower
S197 Shelby GT500: PD blower
Saleen: PD blower
Roush: PD blower
1970 Mach 1: Resto-modded monster

2000 Roush #5004 - World's FIRST M112'd V6 Mustang. Sold, but not forgotten.
LilRoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #49
97stanger
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 97 Mustang GT

they are great on stock 300-400hp cars...sure

1997 Mustang GT
283ci , V7 20psi, 4R70W, GP 1000 fuel system, AIS Meth
97stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #50
speedkills
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1999 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRoush View Post
Because they work great, last a long time and give people power low in the power band where it can be used on a street car (or a part time race car).

Even in the Mustang world, look what the major players use for their cars:

SVT: PD blower
S197 Shelby GT500: PD blower
Saleen: PD blower
Roush: PD blower
Thanks. I was thinking that there has to be a reason why Ford, GM, etc choose to put pd blowers on their factory models instead of centri's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97stanger View Post
they are great on stock 300-400hp cars...sure
The gt500 makes over 600hp and has an Eaton strapped to it.
speedkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #51
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Thanks. I was thinking that there has to be a reason why Ford, GM, etc choose to put pd blowers on their factory models instead of centri's.

The only car that i know of that comes from the factory centri FI is the Koenigsegg CCX 4.7 ford mudular v8 and it has centri blowers as its form of forced induction
02 RC-51 pc, slip ons
Old 04-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #52
97stanger
5th Gear Member

Quote:

And it runs what in the quarter...low 12s maybe mid 11s??? Look at a ysi or f1 mustang setup in that hp range and let me m is what that's running. Not here to argue just to show that just because it comes from ford with a certain power added doesn't mean squat.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #53
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Quote:
And it runs what in the quarter...low 12s maybe mid 11s??? Look at a ysi or f1 mustang setup in that hp range and let me m is what that's running. Not here to argue just to show that just because it comes from ford with a certain power added doesn't mean squat.
Spot on. Thats what upgrades and the aftermarket is for. Alot of ford cars come from the factory with factory installed parts that eventually gets sold for upgrades.
02 RC-51 pc, slip ons
Old 04-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #54
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 GT

Quote:
Couldn't of said it better.

dwtjr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #55
Dragonus18
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 mustang gt

Very true.
BBK Longtube ceramic coated headers
BBK off road X-pipe
Borla cat-back exhaust
BBK 78mm throttle body/ plenum
MMR 1-5/8 full length subframe connectors
Dual Aeroforce Interceptor scan gauges
Drag suspension/ Nitto 555R's/ rear seat delete
Anderson power pipe
Dragonus18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #56
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Yeah, because quarter mile is the only way to tell the true level of a performance car. (-Insert facepalm here-)

Old 04-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #57
97stanger
5th Gear Member

its just silly to roadrace/autox a 3300lb v8 if you ask me...get a 240sx if thats what you're into. You bought a mustang....seriously

1997 Mustang GT
283ci , V7 20psi, 4R70W, GP 1000 fuel system, AIS Meth
Old 04-07-2012, 12:10 AM   #58
crash
BrandofPoop

Vehicle: 2001 Mustang Bullitt 04557
Michael D Farrington Flightboy101

Quote:
its just silly to roadrace/autox a 3300lb v8 if you ask me...get a 240sx if thats what you're into. You bought a mustang....seriously
Tell that to Jazzer as well then. There have been plenty of mustangs winning in scca competitions as well.
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #59
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

The Mustang makes a great road course car. Saying that is like saying it's dumb to drag race a 3300 lb car. I'd love to see you walk up to the AI guys and say something like that. LOL. Weight reduction and suspension mods go a long way in both cases.

I've had two Mustangs that I use(d) for road course. The V6-R would hold it's own with the high end cars (Vetter, Porsche, BMW etc...) just fine. Good front/rear weight distribution, great power band and enough suspension/brakes to carry the speed deep into the corners. The black one is more just a 'fun' track car since it's primary duty is my DD. Def no slouch around the twisties, though.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #60
97stanger
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
Tell that to Jazzer as well then. There have been plenty of mustangs winning in scca competitions as well.
I'll tell it to all 5 guys across the country that wants to hear it. Of course you can build a car to do whatever you want it to. Look at its platform, it was not intended for twisties. There are 5000 other cars before mustangs that were. End of story
Old 04-07-2012, 07:09 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2004, 2011, 2012, 5th, april, california, charger, emissions, florida, mustang, performance, pro, procharger, sale, shops