4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

K-member/Sub frame

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 12:38 PM
timothyphicks02

Jazzer. dont worry Im not just going to buy any part and stick it in my car. Im asking what brands so I can compare. Im thinking ill just get a stock one sent and get an aftermarket one later after Ive had time to find the right one for my intentions for the car. and I dont have time to do that and feel comfortable with my pick at the moment. but I want to know what brand people are running and what they use the car for. I also realize alot of the aftermarket Ks need other parts to be installed as well. A-arms, springs, etc. normally money isnt such an issue. (moving into a new house and buying all new furniture.) but Im not going to compromise the car because of it. If I have to Ill rent a car till I can do the cobra right. "fast, cheap, reliable, pick 2." I try and go by that and cheap really isnt found in the other 2 options.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:57 PM
timothyphicks02

jazzer I just clicked on the suspension link in your sig and skimmed most of it. I fully read the K-frame when I saw it. Ill be reading the entire post when I have more time.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:20 PM
timothyphicks02

ok the game changed. ill be renting a car. I wont be ordering a stock frame. the shipping alone would be $770. so Ill go aftermarket from the start. if Im paying nearly a grand to ship something its going to be better than stock.

My goals for the car.
mainly daily driver with some spirited fun here and there. some track use as well but not too much. daily driveability is most important with stiffness and handling a bonus. Id like to drop the car no more than appx 1.5 in f/r stiffer but still dd. and will eventually be ordering some replica rims 17x9/10.5 from American muscle. as far as HP im happy with the car as is with only intake headers, Hpipe, exhaust but maybe go to 400-450hp but that will be in time.

so any advice and personal exp with k-frame set ups is much appreciated. Im going to need supporting mods info as well. parts to use and not to use because of quality, compatibility, etc. Ill be doing research as well but being new the this vehicle info from people with actual exp is going to help enormously.

Thanks in advance for any and all info.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:06 AM
timothyphicks02

Ok Ive been doing Alot of readin and researching. This is what Ive come up with so far.Ive looked at qa1, upr kenny brown, griggs, pa, and prob a few others. Ill be doing the ordering around the begining of june.

1. MM K-member

2. mm non offset control arms. (need to read more about off set and urethane vs delrin)

3. MM adjustable tie rod ends/bumpsteer

4. I have caster camber plates but am unsure of the brand so Ill get MM ones
5. Front and rear coil over conversion. (deciding on bilstien or koni and no idea on spring rate. I dont want to lower my car more than 1.5in f/r if possable. roads arent great here.)

6. MM full length sub frame connectors. maybe kenny brown matrix.

7. Oil relocation kit.

8. BBK long tube headers (just replacing my current bbk lts. mine are a little bent)

9. hawk pads and tps rotors.

10. calipers rebuilt. (are new ones from napa just as good as stock or ...? might be hard to find a place to rebuild them here. but ill ship if need be)

11. front wheel bearings replaced.

12. SS brake lines.

pretty much this package.
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/st...roducts_id=376

the next step in the near future is pinhard bar, tq arm, replica rims from AM and new tires. I havnt done much reading on the rear end. thatll be the next mission. 1 thing at a time.

Last edited by timothyphicks02; 04-19-2012 at 08:11 AM.