Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Sponsored by Cruizin Concepts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
rillameister

Vehicle: 2003, Ford, Mustang GT
Default Driver's side window stuck UP!

I've searched all around and cannot find an answer to my problem...

I have a 2003 Mustang GT that I bought used a few months ago. The window wasn't working when I bought it, but the guy at the deal agreed to fix it. It worked for a couple months, and then one day it just stopped working (as in it won't roll down). I push the switch and can hear a clicking around the fuse box inside (most likely the relay) and I can control the passenger window with the switch on the drivers door. I took off the door panel and when I click the switch, I can hear a click coming from the window motor as if it's trying to move the window, but the window doesn't budge a bit. I'm led to think that the window tracks might be bent because I cant move the window at all, whether I'm pushing down on top of it or trying to pul on the regulator arm across the bottom of the window. I did notice that from the outside of the window, there is a gap between the window and the weather stripping along the bottom edge of the window. Towards the front of the door, there is little to no gap. I thought this might be a sign that the window is off track? I can see the wheel in the rear track (the track near the handle) but I can't see a wheel in the front track. It almost looks like the front wheel has broken apart, but it doesn't look like any pieces are blocking it from moving. I doubt this is an electrical thing, but I've never worked on a window before and any help would be greatly appreciated!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
rillameister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
JC316
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1997 Cobra

Step 1. Hold down switch
Step 2. Slam Door.

95% of the time, this fixes it. Ford window motors have these little plastic gears inside that strip out. When that happens, you can hear the motor, but nothing happens and you can slide the window up and down by hand.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
rillameister

Vehicle: 2003, Ford, Mustang GT

Wow thank you so much, that worked! Glad I didn't end up buying a new motor/regulator like I was about to.

Thanks again!
rillameister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
JC316
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1997 Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by rillameister View Post
Wow thank you so much, that worked! Glad I didn't end up buying a new motor/regulator like I was about to.

Thanks again!
Lol, no problem, glad that fixed it.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #5
Stiffy4life

Vehicle: 97 Mustang 3.8 V6 5Spd
Stiffy4life420

Yes THANK YOU!!! lol i have been working on mine for a couple days now chasing wires and it was all fixed by a slam of the door.
Stiffy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:28 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2003, 95, doesnt, driver, gt, inside, mustang, panel, relay, side, stuck, switch, windoe, window, window motor regulator, work