4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

best drag springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 08:42 PM
02 SILVER BULLITT

Question best drag springs

are the eibach drag launch springs the best to use?
Old 04-22-2012, 05:43 PM
disposablehero27
4th Gear Member

check out jazzer's suspension guide. Has most of the information you will think about in there.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:52 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Honestly, with a stock style suspension setup, factory springs work just fine for drag racing, the important part is a good front to back weight transfer in the suspension. What shocks/struts are you running, what rear control arms?
Old 04-24-2012, 05:17 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 02 SILVER BULLITT
are the eibach drag launch springs the best to use?
We could certainly use a lot more info to give you more specific recommendations, but in general, yes, the eibach drag launch springs work great! They have a smooth ride because they're soft, they lower the car a hair less than an inch, and they hook far better than stock springs or lowering springs. Also, they come with an airbag for the right rear spring which can be inflated to limit body roll.

Here is the UPR/Eibach drag spring kit:
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-e...pring-kit.html
Old 04-24-2012, 06:30 PM
02 SILVER BULLITT

UPRSHARAD, right now i have ford racing 3.73 gears, southside control arms, and a pair of weld prostar 15x8s. i know you said that southside werent any good, but i would rather spend money on springs, shocks, and tires. i have a set of subframe connectors but they are straight and are not installed yet.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:38 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Im not a fan of those airbags at all, thats like a poor mans shortcut for running the real deal, an anti roll bar.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:41 PM
mr.wayne2v03gt

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
We could certainly use a lot more info to give you more specific recommendations, but in general, yes, the eibach drag launch springs work great! They have a smooth ride because they're soft, they lower the car a hair less than an inch, and they hook far better than stock springs or lowering springs. Also, they come with an airbag for the right rear spring which can be inflated to limit body roll.

Here is the UPR/Eibach drag spring kit:
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-e...pring-kit.html
Ive read that they do not lower your car at all! I have a set of those springs but only have the rears installed!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:57 AM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mr.wayne2v03gt
Ive read that they do not lower your car at all! I have a set of those springs but only have the rears installed!
I'd call it .5" - .75" drop, give or take. What springs were you running in the rear before you installed these?
Old 06-04-2012, 10:37 PM
mr.wayne2v03gt

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
I'd call it .5" - .75" drop, give or take. What springs were you running in the rear before you installed these?
The stock springs where in the car before the eibach drags in the rear! I'm abt to buy some fox springs for the front and installed them for a lil bit of a drop!

Do you think thats a good combo? Havent heard of anyone doing fox fronts and eibach drag springs in the rear!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:11 AM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mr.wayne2v03gt
The stock springs where in the car before the eibach drags in the rear! I'm abt to buy some fox springs for the front and installed them for a lil bit of a drop!

Do you think thats a good combo? Havent heard of anyone doing fox fronts and eibach drag springs in the rear!
I don't know man... Fox 5.0 springs are probably a little stiffer than you'd want. I don't know what the rates are, but I had a friend that ran 10s on 99-04 V6 springs.

Personally, I'd run Eibach Drag or just upgrade to coilovers.

Quick Reply: best drag springs