4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

How do you guys feel about this suspension setup.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 08:20 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

And for the record my car is not a track only car its a street car, as far as chasis and suspension goes I am running a S=W racecars roll cage, wild ride battle box torque box reinforcements, welded torque box seams, driveshaft loop, custom sub frame connectors, team z relocated upper control arms, team z lower control arms, welded axle tubes, strang 10 ways front and back, Qa1 tubular k member, upr tubular a arms, steeda bump steer, poly rack bushings,upr 4 bolt caster camber plates, upr coil overs up front with 175lb springs. Car has some NVH on the road but nothing unbearable. Also In the progress of installing an anti roll bar (will be link disconnected on the street)
Old 04-26-2012, 08:52 AM
disposablehero27
4th Gear Member

Thats alot of time you have invested. How is it performing on the track with that setup? Hopepost.fully decent. Whats the acronym NVH stand for? Can i still throw the pro launch upper kit on with the MM setup? Andpost i appreciate the post. I will definitly look into doing some more stuff and use this thread as a foundation.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:36 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

This year im running a new motor, 28 inch slicks and a few other tonkgs car should make about 500rwhp and should be capable of hitting 10s. As long as it consistently runs low 11s high 10s ill be content
Old 04-26-2012, 11:11 AM
disposablehero27
4th Gear Member

NVH? Still able to use that upper kit?
Old 04-26-2012, 11:23 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

NVH= noise, vibration, harshness

Yes you can use the baseline uppers.

Just so you know by using MM parts you will probably run 4/10ths slower then using what I suggested because of part weight, their suggested front spring rate who knows what they are telling you for the back.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:18 PM
disposablehero27
4th Gear Member

I believe the spring rate is 200 rear, and 175 in the front. Almost positive its the rear for 200. If I remember correctly I think he said 175 front. bad setup? I'm not to concerned about the weight as I am strength. Its not a full on drag trailor queen. I'll be driving it weekly on the street. But i'm appreciate your posts as always and the advice. I will definitly be picking up the upper kit from baseline. very nice. Thank you. Where should I go next if i do the MM kit, with the uppers from baseline?
Old 04-26-2012, 02:29 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

I can't give you anymore advice since what your buying is for curves and will act extremely poor at the drag strip. From what you keep saying thats what it sounds like you want so you'll have to wait for jazzer to come in and ok your road race set up.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:28 PM
disposablehero27
4th Gear Member

Is this mainly pertaining to the spring rates? As far as the options you provided, its nearly the same just lighter, different brands/design. With the addition to upper control arms, which I am about to purchase as I type. The only difference I see is weight (minues the control arms) and spring rate (which is the same atleast up front as ubers, who says it performs well) What would you prefer for a drag setup for launching?

Last edited by disposablehero27; 04-26-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:50 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

175 front 150 rear. MM lca are no better then stock.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:03 PM
disposablehero27
4th Gear Member

alright. What they are telling me is this... To have a good launching car that can be driven well on the street as well is as follows. Tokico D spec shocks with H&R sport springs NON COIL OVERS slightly stiffer than stock, coil overs in the front 200lbs,tokico struts, FLSFC, adj MM LCA's, rear sway bar, TQ arm kit, Panhard kit, Roll bar.
T
"This will launch like a son of a bitch, and still be able to run on the road, all you would have to do is change the springs to road race." is exactly what he said. This was the best drag setup from his launch box kit mixed with the front end parts. You disagree 100% here? Saying this is an awful setup?

I know the panhard/tq arm setup is in exchange for the pro launch. Just relaying the conversation as I called to discuss the EXACT setup.

Whats up with the low quality LCA's over the baseline's?

Sorry to keep hounding you man, i'm really neck deep in this, and need all the knowledge I can get. My first build as you know.

Quick Reply: How do you guys feel about this suspension setup.