rear lower control arms with spherical end - only option is maximum motorsports? - MustangForums.com


4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2012, 01:40 AM   #1
kingrukus
2nd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 210
Default rear lower control arms with spherical end - only option is maximum motorsports?

I definitely need a set of rear lower control arms - the rear end hops about over bumps, and shifts side-side way too much for my liking. I cannot get on the throttle over rough pavement as the car loses traction easily. I am assuming rear lower control arms would help me?

Anyways, my understanding is I should be getting rear lower control arms with at least one spherical bushing. Is my only option maximum motorsports? Just trying to see what options I have.

Thanks
kingrukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:29 AM   #2
uberstang1
Chupacabra
 
uberstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: wilkes-barre PA
Posts: 9,612
Default

Hell no its not, Team Z, Baseline, UPR, wolfe, theres a ton of options out there.
uberstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
UPRSharad
Sponsor
 
UPRSharad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 2,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrukus View Post
I definitely need a set of rear lower control arms - the rear end hops about over bumps, and shifts side-side way too much for my liking. I cannot get on the throttle over rough pavement as the car loses traction easily. I am assuming rear lower control arms would help me?

Anyways, my understanding is I should be getting rear lower control arms with at least one spherical bushing. Is my only option maximum motorsports? Just trying to see what options I have.

Thanks
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-9...trol-arms.html

There ya go man. UPR Products tubular control arms are Made in America, they carry a Lifetime Guarantee, and they work really well. Also, we offer mf.com forum members a 10% discount.
UPRSharad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
kingrukus
2nd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPRSharad View Post
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-9...trol-arms.html

There ya go man. UPR Products tubular control arms are Made in America, they carry a Lifetime Guarantee, and they work really well. Also, we offer mf.com forum members a 10% discount.
Do you guys have non adjustable ones with one side poly, the other side spherical?
kingrukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #5
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator
 
Jazzer The Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 9,233
Default

The UPR ones are adjustable with a plate for an OEM located sway bar. There is a poly end at the axle side, where the spherical is on the TB side (Jazzer's preferred method for orientation of bushings):



If you peeped the link, you'd of seen this... silly
Jazzer The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:07 AM   #6
kingrukus
2nd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat View Post
The UPR ones are adjustable with a plate for an OEM located sway bar. There is a poly end at the axle side, where the spherical is on the TB side (Jazzer's preferred method for orientation of bushings):



If you peeped the link, you'd of seen this... silly
What are your thoughts on adjustable vs non-adjustable? I thought I read not to go with adjustables but could have read incorrectly.
kingrukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #7
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator
 
Jazzer The Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 9,233
Default

I think you did, as the adjustability cannot hurt you. Now, it is not likely you will need it, but comes in handy if you begin running a very large diameter wheel, like a 28" and need to sneak a little movement to avoid rubbing.

Jazzer
Jazzer The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
UPRSharad
Sponsor
 
UPRSharad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 2,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrukus View Post
Do you guys have non adjustable ones with one side poly, the other side spherical?
No, we don't have a solid arm with a spherical at one end. Many people will tell you that you don't "need" an adjustable arm, but there's certainly no drawback to an adjustable arm. These Pro Street arms Jazzer and I showed you are a truly great setup for a dual purpose (street/track) car.
UPRSharad is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2002 Mustang GT Premium 5 Speed JonnyBlazeGT Mustangs For Sale 3 11-03-2015 02:10 AM
HP Gains Without Headers GimpyHSHS 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang 7 08-29-2015 07:30 PM
Tuner for DOB upgrade cedarmn 2005-2014 Mustangs 3 08-28-2015 10:51 PM
Suspension Questions Mobiusone stang 2005-2014 Mustangs 6 08-24-2015 05:08 PM
2013 GT500 GB/BS, 3,700K miles, All options except glass roof, 8yr/36k mile ESP inyadreems Mustangs For Sale 2 08-21-2015 10:10 AM


Tags
95, 98, arm, arms, cj, classic, control, forums, fox, lower, mm, mustang, parts, pony, rear, springs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.