4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

rear lower control arms with spherical end - only option is maximum motorsports?

Old 05-17-2012, 12:40 AM
kingrukus
2nd Gear Member

Default rear lower control arms with spherical end - only option is maximum motorsports?

I definitely need a set of rear lower control arms - the rear end hops about over bumps, and shifts side-side way too much for my liking. I cannot get on the throttle over rough pavement as the car loses traction easily. I am assuming rear lower control arms would help me?

Anyways, my understanding is I should be getting rear lower control arms with at least one spherical bushing. Is my only option maximum motorsports? Just trying to see what options I have.

Thanks
Old 05-17-2012, 05:29 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Hell no its not, Team Z, Baseline, UPR, wolfe, theres a ton of options out there.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:45 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kingrukus
I definitely need a set of rear lower control arms - the rear end hops about over bumps, and shifts side-side way too much for my liking. I cannot get on the throttle over rough pavement as the car loses traction easily. I am assuming rear lower control arms would help me?

Anyways, my understanding is I should be getting rear lower control arms with at least one spherical bushing. Is my only option maximum motorsports? Just trying to see what options I have.

Thanks
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-9...trol-arms.html

There ya go man. UPR Products tubular control arms are Made in America, they carry a Lifetime Guarantee, and they work really well. Also, we offer mf.com forum members a 10% discount.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:04 PM
kingrukus
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-9...trol-arms.html

There ya go man. UPR Products tubular control arms are Made in America, they carry a Lifetime Guarantee, and they work really well. Also, we offer mf.com forum members a 10% discount.
Do you guys have non adjustable ones with one side poly, the other side spherical?
Old 05-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

The UPR ones are adjustable with a plate for an OEM located sway bar. There is a poly end at the axle side, where the spherical is on the TB side (Jazzer's preferred method for orientation of bushings):

If you peeped the link, you'd of seen this... silly
Old 05-18-2012, 12:07 AM
kingrukus
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
The UPR ones are adjustable with a plate for an OEM located sway bar. There is a poly end at the axle side, where the spherical is on the TB side (Jazzer's preferred method for orientation of bushings):

If you peeped the link, you'd of seen this... silly
What are your thoughts on adjustable vs non-adjustable? I thought I read not to go with adjustables but could have read incorrectly.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

I think you did, as the adjustability cannot hurt you. Now, it is not likely you will need it, but comes in handy if you begin running a very large diameter wheel, like a 28" and need to sneak a little movement to avoid rubbing.

Jazzer
Old 05-24-2012, 09:19 AM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kingrukus
Do you guys have non adjustable ones with one side poly, the other side spherical?
No, we don't have a solid arm with a spherical at one end. Many people will tell you that you don't "need" an adjustable arm, but there's certainly no drawback to an adjustable arm. These Pro Street arms Jazzer and I showed you are a truly great setup for a dual purpose (street/track) car.