4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

ET for a 2002 automatic GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 10:28 PM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

autos can run better than the manuals with the right mods...

My brothers 2000 gt with mild bolt ons, exhaust, cai, tune, 4.10 gears, and a 3800 stall went 13.2-13.3s all day long

I dont see many bolt on 2000 gts running those times to be honest
Old 05-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Project Mucilage

Well, I don' t know much about Mustangs, I' ve always been a Chevy guy. From something I once heard, is that the gearing of an automatic in a Mustang, makes for a big difference between the auto and manual cars. Then again, non-car people think that all manuals are fast and all automatics are slow. LOL! People are stupid!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:08 AM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Project Mucilage
Well, I don' t know much about Mustangs, I' ve always been a Chevy guy. From something I once heard, is that the gearing of an automatic in a Mustang, makes for a big difference between the auto and manual cars. Then again, non-car people think that all manuals are fast and all automatics are slow. LOL! People are stupid!
Yea, exactly...theres a large % of the population that thinks automatic cars are all slow. Realistically a well setup auto car should run better times than most drivers in a comparable manual car.

The gearing in the 4r70w is definitely wider/longer gears but thats what the 4.10s and a converter are for......once you start making 400+ and 500+ hp you will appreciate the longer gears in the auto

Last edited by justinschmidt1; 05-30-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Project Mucilage

Yeah, as soon as I know for sure that I' m buying the car, I will be ordering 4.10's. I definitely want to throw a converter in it. Also toying with the idea of a 100 shot.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:57 AM
Project Mucilage

I dunno, the more I think about this car, the more I hope the deal goes through. ASAP. Like by Friday I can have the car in my possession, and take it to the track for a a baseline. As soon as my brother makes the swap and has title in hand, I' m ordering my gears! Being a Bowtie guy, I really hate feeling excited over a Mustang. I guess we all have our own little guilty pleasures though. Maybe I am just excited have a new-to-me vehicle. Maybe it' s just that I want to see what I can make it do. I have only one stipulation with buying a Mustang. I can only buy it, if I can pay in cash. My first one cost me $500. This one will cost me a bit more, but I can still swing it. I just can' t bring myself to finance a Mustang! Here is the car in question, and it is already blacked out, much the way I would prefer it!

Old 05-31-2012, 02:07 PM
GriffinGT
1st Gear Member

I have a 03 auto with a 100 shot, bolt ons and 3.73 gears. I only have ran it once with the shot and it was a 12.7. But without the shot I'm stil 14.2. A stall qunverter would do good for me.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:11 PM
Armystrongmach1
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GriffinGT
I have a 03 auto with a 100 shot, bolt ons and 3.73 gears. I only have ran it once with the shot and it was a 12.7. But without the shot I'm stil 14.2. A stall qunverter would do good for me.
What are you bolt ons? What is your DA? What tires? Suspension mods?
Old 05-31-2012, 03:19 PM
GriffinGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Armystrongmach1
What are you bolt ons? What is your DA? What tires? Suspension mods?

CAI, Throttle Body,Plenum, Spacer, Flowmaster Mufflers,Off road X pipe, Sub fram Connecters. Nitto DR ( only used once haven't really worked with them enough.) Upper and Lower UPR Control arms. and the 100 shot. SCT Tune.Underdrive Pullys. I belive thats it. BTW wats DA?
Old 05-31-2012, 03:25 PM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

CAI, Throttle Body,Plenum, Spacer, Flowmaster Mufflers,Off road X pipe, Sub fram Connecters. Nitto DR ( only used once haven't really worked with them enough.) Upper and Lower UPR Control arms. and the 100 shot. SCT Tune.Underdrive Pullys. I belive thats it. BTW wats DA?
14.2 really. thats basically the stock time for a 5 speed with decent driver in a low elevation with cool weather. A buddy of mine ran 13.8 with just exhaust.

was it summer or winter? heat can make a different too. Ive only ever been to Jacksonville drag strip, never Bifflo or what ever that other one is.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Armystrongmach1
1st Gear Member

Density altitude is the altitude in the International Standard Atmosphere at which the air density would be equal to the actual air density at the place of observation, or, in other words, the height when measured in terms of the density of the air rather than the distance from the ground. "Density Altitude" is the pressure altitude adjusted for non-standard temperature.

Both an increase in temperature and, to a much lesser degree, humidity will cause an increase in density altitude. Thus, in hot and humid conditions, the density altitude at a particular location may be significantly higher than the true altitude.

Copy and Paste...

Quick Reply: ET for a 2002 automatic GT