4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Robbed...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Herkydoc92
1st Gear Member

Unhappy Robbed...

So... I park my 96 GT outside of my apartment that i've been in for a week. I get up to go to work in the morning and find that it's been broken into.. The first thing i notice is the radio is missing... Apparently with that the thieves took my ability to know how fast im going... (19 Year old in a Red convertible mustang GT is bad enough...) The radio doesn't bother me.. It's the inop speedometer. apparently it got disconnected or something.... PLEASE HELP?!

Thanks,
Brad Alexander.
A1C, USAF.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:24 PM
ryanm
1st Gear Member

Default You have a blown fuse or a short

I have two things for you to check. Look in both fuse boxes for any obviously blown fuses. I'm fairly sure that the radio is tied into one of the mini fuse locations in the engine compartment fuse box. If this doesn't solve it then You need to remove the instrument cluster because you must have a short circuit or a loose connection from the thieves ripping out your radio. Was it aftermarket? I would assume so because a thief should know the Mach 460 head unit is useless without the speakers and amps. I bet you have a loose wire. It happened to mine and it killed the spedo. Let me know if you need steps for removal of the cluster. Pretty simple job. Good luck.

Thank you for serving our country.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Herkydoc92
1st Gear Member

Thank you kind sir... The guy at autozone said i'd have to pay $100 per hour for an electrician to look at it and fix it.. but if you can help me fix it i'd be sooo happy... Please send information on anything i may need to pull the panel off.
Again, Thank you.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:33 AM
ryanm
1st Gear Member

Default check fuse box

No problem, bro. Have you checked for a blown fuse in the engine compartment fuse box? I think it is one if the mini 25 amp fuses. Are there any exposed wires where the stereo used to be? You need to put electrical tape over any exposed wire and replace any blown fuses. If this doesn't solve it, then let me know. Start simple with electrical issues is a lesson I've learned.