4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Help from expert 4.6 owners on plans for engine build

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 12:37 AM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

depends on what you want to do. if you want to drap, you could do drag suspension, tall tires and steep gears. basically if you set it up for drag youll want to top out at the end of a gear. But all this stuff affects other things, like handling and gas mileage and streat ability.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:38 AM
_Slowbra_
2nd Gear Member

prochargers are nice because theyre self contained (no oil pan tap), but are bad because wont sell you parts so for any kind of maintenance you have to send it back to them ~$1k rebuild. buying a used kit, you risk inheriting someone elses problems if you dont know how reputable the seller is. Also, its not as easy as slapping a procharger on your 2v. youre gonna need a better fuel system, a performance clutch, prob* a beefier transmission, and a tuner/dyno tune. The 8.8 rear end is pretty solid for the most part and apart from swapping some suspension stuff out, you might not need to mess with the differential/gears if you didnt want to.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:05 PM
'96GT

A bolt on 2v will barely break 300 at the wheels. You either have to go f/i or do a mark 8 swap. If i were you, just do a set of gears and focus on suspension.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:22 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by scooter3
I am not trying to be a di**, but you are 17 and already lost your license due to speeding and you want to make your car faster???? My suggestion is to not do anything. Drive the car the way it is and save yourself some money and more tickets.
This. Sounds like you need some self control before you kill yourself. With that aside, low mileage, I would just throw a vortech/novi/procharger on and call it a day.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:27 AM
hensley1094

Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt
This. Sounds like you need some self control before you kill yourself. With that aside, low mileage, I would just throw a vortech/novi/procharger on and call it a day.
I dont need ur hate bro just got caught speeding not like i crashed the car into a preschool
Old 08-07-2012, 07:03 AM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hensley1094
I dont need ur hate bro just got caught speeding not like i crashed the car into a preschool
haha...oh boy now you did it.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:38 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hensley1094
It's not hate its common sense. No you didn't, not this time, but its people like you that statistically do have those type of accidents. You do not have enough seat time, the end, to handle a supercharged car. Keep in mind I'm only 21 and I still remember what its like to be 17 with a cobra. Luckly I had more common sense than my friends did, if you were going fast enough to lose your license obviously you don't. You're getting into enough trouble with a mildly quick car and you want something faster? More common sense prevails! Stop trolling money is no object is a joke for a 17 y.o.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:46 PM
hensley1094

Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt
It's not hate its common sense. No you didn't, not this time, but its people like you that statistically do have those type of accidents. You do not have enough seat time, the end, to handle a supercharged car. Keep in mind I'm only 21 and I still remember what its like to be 17 with a cobra. Luckly I had more common sense than my friends did, if you were going fast enough to lose your license obviously you don't. You're getting into enough trouble with a mildly quick car and you want something faster? More common sense prevails! Stop trolling money is no object is a joke for a 17 y.o.
wow cant wait till im 21 to talk down to a 17 year old. Iv been driving for years. And yeah i make about a grand a month iv got plenty of money. I paid for a 10 grand car with cash and pay for insurance too. The ticket was 65 in a 55 on a st. rt. Dont act superior. Plus, really a 96 cobra that only makes slighty more power then my car does stock isnt crazy fast either
Old 08-10-2012, 09:10 PM
CSteiny

I would just save your money for college, im 17 to and make around what you do and own a 99 gt, just think how much you could save for college or invest in your future instead of throwing it in a money pit of a mustang. Just my opinion.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:38 AM
Phansm72
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CSteiny
I would just save your money for college, im 17 to and make around what you do and own a 99 gt, just think how much you could save for college or invest in your future instead of throwing it in a money pit of a mustang. Just my opinion.
Yeah save your money , get a good education and then high paying job so you can buy whatever you want!

Quick Reply: Help from expert 4.6 owners on plans for engine build