4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Should I DO IT?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 05:21 AM
Stanley Wright

Default Should I DO IT?

So I have a 99 cobra rio red and I want the 03 terminator style trunk. I found one and it is torch red. Is the color the same or close enough to not worry about or do I need to find a paint shop? The trunk is in perfect condition and for a great price so please help.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:54 AM
flyboy1294
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stanley Wright
So I have a 99 cobra rio red and I want the 03 terminator style trunk. I found one and it is torch red. Is the color the same or close enough to not worry about or do I need to find a paint shop? The trunk is in perfect condition and for a great price so please help.
Honestly once you have the trunk on, and you see the two colors side-by-side I think the difference will drive you crazy. It will be very obvious.

I have even bought used parts for my car that were exactly the same color, and they STILL didn't match because the donor had experienced more sun fade. Even the newest cars of our body style are 9 years old now. That amount of time tends to take it toll on paint.

In short, I'd get it painted if I were you.