4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Looking to buy and need help

Old 03-15-2013, 06:25 PM
jforc

Default Looking to buy and need help

Hey guys im new to this forum but have had a mustang for a long time. I'm looking to upgrade and i really wanted an 03-04 mach 1. Its been tough for me to find this car and i found a nice 2002 im wondering about. It does have a supercharger which i didnt really want because this will be my daily driver and dont want to worry about heating issues. I will quote the listing and would love any feedback you guys have for me.

"Up for sale is a very pampered 2002 Vortech supercharged Mustang with all of the necessary supporting mods. The engine has a Roush Racing long block with a full forged rotating assembly (pistons, rods and crank), Stage 2 ported heads and Stage 2 cams and ported intake w/ an Accufab throttle body & plenum. The Vortech is an S trim and has been recently freshened by Vortech. It will also come with two additional pullies to increase the boost if needed. BBK after market valve covers. The exhaust has also been completely gone thru with BBK Jet Hot coated long tube headers into a S/S X-pipe (with cats) into a a full stainless Bassani dual exhaust. Fuel system has been upgraded with larger injectors, new Walbro fuel pump with a Kenne Bell boost a pump, Anderson Power Pipe, an after market MAF w/ aluminum ends and an SCT flip chip with selector switch."

"The transmission has also been completely gone thru in the past 1,000 miles with new upgraded sychros, sliders and shift forks. It also has a short throw Tri-Ax shifter. The car has been lowered with Eibach springs, adjustable Tokico struts & shocks, aftermarket rear control arms and adjustable caster/camber plates. The car sits on real FR500 wheels and Nitto rubber with plenty of miles left in them.

Interior is stock with the exception of an aftermarket Kenwood Stereo and a Kicker Solo-Baric L5 sub woofer, box and amp with a power capacitor. Has a compliment of Autometer Cobalt gauges in a triple A pillar pod with a boost, Pyrometer and oil pressure gauge. "
Title is clear, car has only 66,100 original miles on it with all of the above mods done @ 50,000 miles on the clock."

sorry for the long post but i want to make a good choice. As i said it will be my daily driver but i also want something fun. So any feedback on if this car is a reliable daily driver would be much appreciated. i dont want to have to put a lot of money into the car to keep it going.

Appreciate any help.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:55 PM
Mike T
2nd Gear Member

What's the asking price?
Old 03-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Luke13
2nd Gear Member

Dang. Sounds like a really nice ride. It would almost be a "waste" to use it as a daily driver, but if you can keep it maintained that'd be a great mustang to own. I'm curious about the price also
Old 03-16-2013, 04:01 AM
jforc

i got the guy down to 11500 cash. i mean i guess it's somewhat wasted except partially letting it loose. ive had a v6 mustang my whole life and want to step it up.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:09 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I posed in your thread in the V6 section, but figured I'd ask here as well.
Got a link or pics? The "Roush Racing forged long block" is curious to me. The built 4.6L 2V weren't usually for sale to the general public.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:10 PM
jforc

yeh sorry i didnt mean to post in the v6 and am unsure how to delete. Here is the link http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/3609550998.html