4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

what should i do to my 2004 mustang gt

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 09:12 AM
sk8tenbeast

Default what should i do to my 2004 mustang gt

i recently got out of basic training and have a job as an airtraffic controller for the military. im making very good money for a single man right now. my stedads biggest dream was to have a mustang that was very fast and i have a 2004 mustang gt 4.6 stock that i have. of course me racing as a little kid with my suv and now having the money to make a car fast makes me thrilled. i kow this is the best place to ask. i want a crazy fast mustang gt just like you would do to it in forza 4 !! like crazy fasy it ont be a daily driver it woyuld be an occasion to drive it. i woyld like to know what i should start dong to it, moneys not a problem. and noone say to just get a cobra because i donnt want one.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:00 AM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sk8tenbeast
i recently got out of basic training and have a job as an airtraffic controller for the military. im making very good money for a single man right now. my stedads biggest dream was to have a mustang that was very fast and i have a 2004 mustang gt 4.6 stock that i have. of course me racing as a little kid with my suv and now having the money to make a car fast makes me thrilled. i kow this is the best place to ask. i want a crazy fast mustang gt just like you would do to it in forza 4 !! like crazy fasy it ont be a daily driver it woyuld be an occasion to drive it. i woyld like to know what i should start dong to it, moneys not a problem. and noone say to just get a cobra because i donnt want one.
everything you will need to make it wicked fast: gears (4.10s or steeper), cams, exhaust, a supercharger, forged shortblock/internals, a great suspension setup, and sticky tires. all of this with a great tune. This would be very expensive though but probably the best you could do
Old 03-22-2013, 10:09 AM
2001Supercharged GT
1st Gear Member

^^+1 Everything that xx10Gt said would be the best way to go.
Do you research on the parts you are putting in it, or take it to a local speed shop they would have no problem doing all of this. The other benefit of taking it to a speed shop it most will have a dyno, and they can dyno tune it which is way better than any hand held tuner could do.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:12 AM
2001Supercharged GT
1st Gear Member

^^+1 Everything that xx10Gt said would be the best way to go.
Do you research on the parts you are putting in it, or take it to a local speed shop they would have no problem doing all of this. The other benefit of taking it to a speed shop it most will have a dyno, and they can dyno tune it which is way better than any hand held tuner could do.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:44 AM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

See my sig below.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:01 AM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

blower
4.10 gears
Off Road X pipe.
your choice mufflers
315/35 wheels in the rear

you can only do so much PSI on the blower because you don't have forged internals. If you did have forged internals the sky's the limit.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:59 PM
sk8tenbeast

these sound good, but i can never find any parts to buy online for my mustang gt. ALL of the websites seem like they don't know what their doing. In my town there are a few corvettes, evo's, a couple camaro's and actually a lot of vipers. Im trying to be a little different than everyone else.. Its always been my dream to have a car that would throw me back in the seat and keep me there for a while. is there a good place to order these parts or do i need to special order them? btw this is my actual sports car and really want it to be like those mustangs that are on youtube that race lambos and stuff!! idk if you can do that to a 2004 mustang gt or not but if you can can i get a list of anything and everything that i can do to the car please?!?!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:02 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sk8tenbeast
these sound good, but i can never find any parts to buy online for my mustang gt. ALL of the websites seem like they don't know what their doing. In my town there are a few corvettes, evo's, a couple camaro's and actually a lot of vipers. Im trying to be a little different than everyone else.. Its always been my dream to have a car that would throw me back in the seat and keep me there for a while. is there a good place to order these parts or do i need to special order them? btw this is my actual sports car and really want it to be like those mustangs that are on youtube that race lambos and stuff!! idk if you can do that to a 2004 mustang gt or not but if you can can i get a list of anything and everything that i can do to the car please?!?!
americanmuscle.com is my favorite. also try brenspeed, latemodelrestoration. oh and !!

Anyways, like i stated before, cams, echaust, tune, gears, forged internals or forged shortblock and then slap a big blower on it and run like 20psi
Old 03-22-2013, 01:03 PM
sk8tenbeast

my first actual sports car my bad lol***
Old 03-22-2013, 01:06 PM
sk8tenbeast

would the speed shop make it 20 psi or would i do that myself?

Quick Reply: what should i do to my 2004 mustang gt