4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

C/C plates and alignment help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 04:34 PM
SecludedGT

Default C/C plates and alignment help!

I have searched but nothing to really give me an answer. I have eibach sportline springs with steeda 3 bolt C/C plates. I just had to get new tires because the inside of the tires were showing wire.. Well when the shop put it on the alignment rack and started working on adjusting it. They said they could not adjust it enough to fix it. He said I needed to notch the bolt holes in the body of the car so that you can adjust it more. I dont think that is needed. What is the guy doing wrong??? Maybe someone can help me fix this issue. I took the car to Pep Boys..... Yeah I know... They only wanted 70$ to align it. Everyone else wants 200+ because of the c/c plates. The new tires were not 200 total!
Old 03-29-2013, 04:42 PM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

http://www.partstrain.com/store/deta...60k102caanalki

Camber bolts should work if you dont already have them. they allow for more adjustment on cars that have been lowered.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:54 PM
SecludedGT

Originally Posted by SXGT
http://www.partstrain.com/store/deta...60k102caanalki

Camber bolts should work if you dont already have them. they allow for more adjustment on cars that have been lowered.

Thanks alot. I just ordered a set from partstrain.. I hope that solves the issue. If not I will be back lol.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:03 AM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

I find it hard to believe Steeda designed caster/camber plates that won't allow correct alignment when used with common lowering springs. C/C plates are made for lowering springs. You don't need camber bolts, you need to make sure your plates are correctly installed.

I'm not personally familiar with Steeds C/C plates, but I know for a fact Maximum Motorsports 4 bolt C/C plates can be installed two different ways - to allow alignment for street or race purposes (increased negative camber). If I installed my MM C/C plates for racing, the increased negative camber adjustment would not allow the correct street alignment and the inside of the front tire tread would wear prematurely.

I believe the Steeda 3 bolt plates have two sets of mounting slots. One for street, the other for track.

I'll bet yours are installed in the track position. The first thing I'd do is call Steeda and find out if your plates are installed correctly.

What I can't understand is why you didn't talk to Steeda first. Second, don't go to Pep Boys.

Last edited by Sonic Mustang; 03-30-2013 at 05:31 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:52 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sonic Mustang
I find it hard to believe Steeda designed caster/camber plates that won't allow correct alignment when used with common lowering springs. C/C plates are made for lowering springs. You don't need camber bolts, you need to make sure your plates are correctly installed.

I'm not personally familiar with Steeds C/C plates, but I know for a fact Maximum Motorsports 4 bolt C/C plates can be installed two different ways - to allow alignment for street or race purposes (increased negative camber). If I installed my MM C/C plates for racing, the increased negative camber adjustment would not allow the correct street alignment and the inside of the front tire tread would wear prematurely.

I believe the Steeda 3 bolt plates have two sets of mounting slots. One for street, the other for track.

I'll bet yours are installed in the track position. The first thing I'd do is call Steeda and find out if your plates are installed correctly.

What I can't understand is why you didn't talk to Steeda first. Second, don't go to Pep Boys.
This guy is on the right track. I would say the plates are in the race position and need to be flipped.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:12 AM
SecludedGT

Originally Posted by Sonic Mustang

Yeah I understand that. Well mine are installed with the bolts in the same holes as the pic you uploaded. And in order to get the perfect camber Id have to put them in the smaller holes but the bushing around the shock wont allow me to. Either way I didnt buy the C/C plates. They came on the car. But they are definitely installed right. Idk. Ill take pics tomorrow and upload them.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:28 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

read this
http://www.mustangmonthly.com/howto/...s/viewall.html
Youre not listening to us. The caster/camber plates are installed in the track setting. Move the top plate to the other 3 holes
Old 04-02-2013, 07:46 PM
07stangED
1st Gear Member

following post.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

Originally Posted by SecludedGT
Yeah I understand that. Well mine are installed with the bolts in the same holes as the pic you uploaded. And in order to get the perfect camber Id have to put them in the smaller holes but the bushing around the shock wont allow me to. Either way I didnt buy the C/C plates. They came on the car. But they are definitely installed right. Idk. Ill take pics tomorrow and upload them.

What does not buying the plates have to do with your problem? You didn't buy the plates, you didn't install them and you go online to ask why you can't get your car aligned but you're sure they are installed correctly? Really?

I tried helping you with a correct and what I thought was easy to understand post. Heck, I even included a picture.

IF YOU CAN'T ALIGN YOUR MUSTANG WITH STEEDA C/C PLATES, THEY ARE INSTALLED INCORRECTLY OR YOUR CAR HAS CRASH DAMAGE.

For the love of God, call Steeda and have them explain it to you. It's their product.

Last edited by Sonic Mustang; 04-03-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:15 PM
supersnake67
2nd Gear Member

I bought maximum motorsports C/C plates and me and my dad installed my springs and plates.... took it to work to do an alignment and camber was waaaaay out and I could'nt figure why until I did this thing called read the directions . Then I realized I had the top plate on wrong. I'm maxed out on the top plates and just barely in spec with camber.

Quick Reply: C/C plates and alignment help!