4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Interior Repair - OEM Part Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 08:19 PM
johncrist1988

Talking Interior Repair - OEM Part Numbers

EDIT: I'm updating the parts I'm looking for with links to where I found them as I go. Thanks to BraMas for recommending that site! I never knew it existed! Also special thanks to luke1333 for his amazing help with the part numbers and recommendations!

If you've been following my other thread about my stripped cylinder head, you're aware that I've been trying to work on my 01 GT. The purpose of this thread deals with some minor repairs I'm looking to do to the vehicle's interior (and a few exterior questions). Specifically, I don't know what the OEM part numbers are, how to get them, etc, or if there are other things I can do. I'll link photos as I go so you can visually see what I'm talking about.

1) Rear-View Mirror Light Cover (Passenger Side) -- Not important as nobody will see it, but I'll know it's missing and that'll bother me to no end. Replacing it with this for convenience and a minor upgrade -- Rostra Rear View Mirror

2) Cruise Control On/Off Button Cover -- I may replace it with this set as I think it'll look better anyway, but just for yucks... I'm replacing it with this: Billet Cruise Control Buttons

3) Center Console Top Cover -- The original top is still there, it's just loosely glued on and looks tacky, occasionally falling off. Replacing it with a part from CJ Pony Parts: Center Console Top Assembly

4) The air vents on the dash have a few broken fins that rattle. I've found some on eBay but where can I find new ones or... 'not auction' ones? I never did find part numbers.

5) Seat Tears -- Is this something I can take to an upholsterer to get fixed? Do people do that?

6) Trunk Carpet Interior -- I mostly need those pins that hold the back part of the trunk to the metal part. Do they sell those at Autozone and whatnot? Are there certain sizes or anything I should be aware of?

7) Convertible Canopy 1 - 2 -- Again, are there shops that do these kinds of repairs? Is there some 'DIY' kit out there that people buy? You can replace the whole top and headliner here: Top - Headliner

I'm sure some of these things are just me being nit picky, but I want my Steed to be in top condition

8) Exterior Dings 1 - 2 - 3 (I will find that bastard) -- I'm sure any autobody shop will do these. I see ads all the time of people doing body repair. My goal is to get these few minor things fixed and get the car detailed. Along with the rest of the items on the list I should be back to awesome condition asthetically.

I appreciate any info anyone can share to help me out.

Last edited by johncrist1988; 04-05-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:45 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Most of those parts can be found on Latemodel Resoration or CJ Pony parts
Old 04-04-2013, 09:33 PM
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

i work at a dealer man give me some time and i will get them for you tomorrow sometime
Old 04-05-2013, 08:04 AM
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by johncrist1988
EDIT: I'm updating the parts I'm looking for with links to where I found them as I go. Thanks to BraMas for recommending that site! I never knew it existed!

If you've been following my other thread about my stripped cylinder head, you're aware that I've been trying to work on my 01 GT. The purpose of this thread deals with some minor repairs I'm looking to do to the vehicle's interior (and a few exterior questions). Specifically, I don't know what the OEM part numbers are, how to get them, etc, or if there are other things I can do. I'll link photos as I go so you can visually see what I'm talking about.

1) Rear-View Mirror Light Cover (Passenger Side) -- Not important as nobody will see it, but I'll know it's missing and that'll bother me to no end.

Looks like the mirror cover is only serviced with the mirror by Ford. Part #1R3Z-17700-AB for the mirror but its $97.00 retail i would recommend getting a junkyard one and replacing just the lens if you cant afford a whole new oem mirror.

2) Cruise Control On/Off Button Cover -- I may replace it with this set as I think it'll look better anyway, but just for yucks...

This is available as a cruise control whole as well with the switch and both buttons for both sides of the steering wheel. Part #F5ZZ9C888AB Motorcraft # SW5912 and is $136.11

3) Center Console Top Cover -- The original top is still there, it's just loosely glued on and looks tacky, occasionally falling off. [CJPony Parts Link]

All it gives me for this is Part # <06024 $100.55 as well

4) The air vents on the dash have a few broken fins that rattle. I've found some on eBay but where can I find new ones or... 'not auction' ones? I never did find part numbers.

Not sure which ones you need here but can find them if you got photos or something

5) Seat Tears -- Is this something I can take to an upholsterer to get fixed? Do people do that?

Yeah just take to a good upholsterer and get new leather wrapped

6) Trunk Carpet Interior -- I mostly need those pins that hold the back part of the trunk to the metal part. Do they sell those at Autozone and whatnot? Are there certain sizes or anything I should be aware of?

Usually you can get from local paint store Ford style push in christmas trees but the part number for the push in pins are N803678-S

as for the wing nuts for the sides of the trunk those might be Ford only and they are part #W707668-S300

7) Convertible Canopy 1 - 2 -- Again, are there shops that do these kinds of repairs? Is there some 'DIY' kit out there that people buy?

Should get one from lmr or somewhere like that online cause a new one is $834 from Ford

I'm sure some of these things are just me being nit picky, but I want my Steed to be in top condition

8) Exterior Dings 1 - 2 - 3 (I will find that bastard) -- I'm sure any autobody shop will do these. I see ads all the time of people doing body repair. My goal is to get these few minor things fixed and get the car detailed. Along with the rest of the items on the list I should be back to awesome condition asthetically.

I appreciate any info anyone can share to help me out.
hope this helps
Old 04-05-2013, 11:59 AM
johncrist1988

Thank you a ton Luke. I really appreciate it. I'll get you pictures of the vents in question as soon as I can. I know I found them on eBay and I might just get them. They're around $20/unit. It'd be nice peace of mind to have 'new' ones though. Call me crazy, I just don't like eBaying things.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:55 PM
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by johncrist1988
Thank you a ton Luke. I really appreciate it. I'll get you pictures of the vents in question as soon as I can. I know I found them on eBay and I might just get them. They're around $20/unit. It'd be nice peace of mind to have 'new' ones though. Call me crazy, I just don't like eBaying things.
no problem man. i like my stuff new too i had to replace one of the tiny air vents that goes to like defrost the side windows and i got a new one of course
Old 04-05-2013, 08:08 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Both CJ and latemodel sell OEM parts. Don't get anything from the Stealership