Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Sponsored by Cruizin Concepts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #11
8111870a
1st Gear Member

First time I needed the stock h-pipe removed, I brought it to a muffler shop just to break the bolts loose. It cost me a cup of coffee and a dozen donuts. Did the same thing first time I needed to loosen the axle nut on wifes Mazda. (No air tools at that time)
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #12
built67
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1967 mustang coupe
Send a message via ICQ to built67

hey guys, thanks for all of the help! gave it a second shot with my buddy and we got it to come out. Soaked it with pb blaster and then used a half inch ratchet with half inch extensions, then a reducer to 3/8s with a swivel and a 15mm deep socket...once we broke the nuts loose we then used a 7/8s open end wrench to remove the O2s and just let them hang outta the way...this is MUCH easier than reaching up on top of the bell housing to disconnect the harness (your forearms and wrists will hate you if you try that method).

I know that these motors have a slight tick bc of the timing chain tensioners but i cant tell if i have a slight exhause leak or its just the pipe amplifing everything...if i put it on ramps and run the car and get under it will i be able to tell? or should i just bring it to a muffler shop now that the pipe is on. Under acceleration at low rpms i hear a ticking but i cant really tell what it is...i dont hear a ticking at idle tho
long tube headers
9", 31 spline Curries, Richmond 3.70s, Ford Racing Traction-Lok
Calvert Racing Shocks/Cal-Track Traction Bars

2000 GT "Spring Edition"
Ford Racing 3.73s
FR500s
Diablo Tune
JBL O/R H-Pipe
Flowmater American Thunder Series
K&N Intake
MGW Shifter
Ford Racing Throttle Body