4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

dyno tune or bama tune?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 09:02 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dustya
Want your opinion which 1 is cost effective? Dyno tune 500 with a handheld or 380 for a bama tuner? My mods coldair and hpipe thats all I plan to do.
With your Current Mods and Model of car, you don't really need a tune. However, you'll still benefit and will definitely pick up some noticeable power!

I would recommend going with a Bama tune, so that you can take advantage of our free tunes for life program. If you ever add a new modification to your car or plan on it, just hit up the Bama team and they'll get you a new revised file sent out right away!

For every Bama Tune we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique mods and style of driving. This info helps us write custom tunes from the ground-up for your Mustang's mods that will give you the most horsepower that we can safely deliver. We're also constantly developing our tunes! Between our 14 different Project Mustangs and tons of street/track and dyno testing (on our in-house Dynojet 224xLC), we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys. We're also part of Fords Technology Transfer Program & Work very closely with Ford to insure that all of our tunes are perfect!

Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future. PS - I also agree that gears may be your best bank for the buck. We can also recalculate your speedometer for your new ratio!

-Dan
Old 06-26-2013, 11:10 AM
jam23r1
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
With your Current Mods and Model of car, you don't really need a tune. However, you'll still benefit and will definitely pick up some noticeable power!

I would recommend going with a Bama tune, so that you can take advantage of our free tunes for life program. If you ever add a new modification to your car or plan on it, just hit up the Bama team and they'll get you a new revised file sent out right away!

For every Bama Tune we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique mods and style of driving. This info helps us write custom tunes from the ground-up for your Mustang's mods that will give you the most horsepower that we can safely deliver. We're also constantly developing our tunes! Between our 14 different Project Mustangs and tons of street/track and dyno testing (on our in-house Dynojet 224xLC), we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys. We're also part of Fords Technology Transfer Program & Work very closely with Ford to insure that all of our tunes are perfect!

Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future. PS - I also agree that gears may be your best bank for the buck. We can also recalculate your speedometer for your new ratio!

-Dan
do you guys wright tunes for S/C
Old 06-26-2013, 12:27 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by jam23r1
do you guys wright tunes for S/C
No offense, but if you would trust an email tune for a supercharged car and not put it on a dyno you really need to get a different hobby, thats just asking for a gernaded motor.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:34 PM
jam23r1
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
No offense, but if you would trust an email tune for a supercharged car and not put it on a dyno you really need to get a different hobby, thats just asking for a gernaded motor.
I can even drive the car to the dyno right now. I need a tune.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:03 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by jam23r1
I can even drive the car to the dyno right now. I need a tune.
Can always trailer, u might be able to get a temp tune from a tuner to drive it in as long as its not a far distance, but it will by no means be ok to go into boost with.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:51 PM
j-town_edge
1st Gear Member

I wouldn't get a tune with those mods unless you add headers or anything substantial. A tune at this point would just make the car a bit more "fun" to drive, but nothing the "butt dyno" would really notice. Gears would do that.