Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Sponsored by Cruizin Concepts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 07-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
MercO5

Vehicle: 1999. mustang, GT
Default HELP! Sputtering at low RPM 99 GT

My 1999 Mustang GT starts to sputter at low rpms when heated up but when I go above 2.1k RPM it runs perfectly fine and under WOT you can feel a small amount of hesitation and then it goes full power flawlessly. I have tried everything I could. I have replaced spark plugs, inspected COP, got a brand new MAF, cleaned throttle body and air filter, and had it professionally scanned for misfires or anything and nothing at all came up. I have no idea what it could be and it is extremely annoying . My question is, is this problem common and do any of you know for sure what it could be.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
MercO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
JJ Glo
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2002 Ford Mustang GT

Could be the IAC valve going bad and not being able to properly open and close to maintain a steady RPM.

My car started doing that before the IAC completely died. Perhaps the fact that I soaked it in TB cleaner helped speed up the process.

Or a vacuum leak.

Last edited by JJ Glo; 07-04-2013 at 01:29 PM.
JJ Glo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
Doublevision
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 98 GT 5 speed

The fact it does it when warm suggests it could be electrically related to a sensor such as the IACV.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:33 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement