4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Camber/caster plates

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 10:49 PM
JeremyB
1st Gear Member

Most times they are needed when lowering because it creates negative camber and will wear out the inside of your tires.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:24 AM
antwaan
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by luke1333
these guys are right added movement for the strut allowing for better alignment! my alignment guy loves me after i put 4 bolt mm cc plates on it. you have tons of movement and can get the alignment spot on! here is what i would go with the 4th hole adds a good bit of movement

http://www.americanmuscle.com/maximu...tes-94-04.html
I have those exact cc plates. I didn't "need" them with my install. I got the Ford B springs and it dropped my front about 1.25 inches but since it not only helps to get your car in perfect alignment, it also replaces the rubber strut mounts. I wouldn't so a suspension job without getting some honestly, especially on an older car. If you're going to do your suspension, do it right the first time.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:57 PM
FlamingoGT
2nd Gear Member

1 thing about the MM CC plates... watch what shocks you get. Strange 10-ways have a slightly smaller shaft than stock, so when used with the MM CC plates they tend to be 'noisy' (some people have had luck making some kind of bushing, or by making sure they are mounted very tight). Shocks like the Gabriel Ultras have a short threaded section, so you will need additional spacers than what comes with the CC plates (this is probably true of more than just the MM CC plates tho, but that is what I have experience with).
Don't get me wrong, I do like them.... they just have some issues you need to be ready to deal with.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:09 AM
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by antwaan
I have those exact cc plates. I didn't "need" them with my install. I got the Ford B springs and it dropped my front about 1.25 inches but since it not only helps to get your car in perfect alignment, it also replaces the rubber strut mounts. I wouldn't so a suspension job without getting some honestly, especially on an older car. If you're going to do your suspension, do it right the first time.
yeah i had prokit and i didnt need them right away but shortly after i did need them as the stock cc plates were maxed out.

Originally Posted by FlamingoGT
1 thing about the MM CC plates... watch what shocks you get. Strange 10-ways have a slightly smaller shaft than stock, so when used with the MM CC plates they tend to be 'noisy' (some people have had luck making some kind of bushing, or by making sure they are mounted very tight). Shocks like the Gabriel Ultras have a short threaded section, so you will need additional spacers than what comes with the CC plates (this is probably true of more than just the MM CC plates tho, but that is what I have experience with).
Don't get me wrong, I do like them.... they just have some issues you need to be ready to deal with.
I agree here i had noise with my mm cc plates only with stock struts. Put the bilstein struts on and silent. cant beat them i dont think with bilstein struts at least. i would buy them again in a heart beat!