Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Sponsored by Cruizin Concepts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 98, Ford, Mustang GT Vert Auto
Send a message via AIM to Darkcrime
Default Got a weird one - Vacuum lines

Long story short, I had to do an engine swap. The new engine from a 02 GT had a bad pass side valve cover. I was sold a replacement valve cover, but it wasn't from a mustang, I believe it was from a Grand Marquee? Either way, I deleted the EGR Valve, and had the vacuum lines ran differently from the guy that did my engine swap. Now I'm blowing white smoke out of the tail pipes and I think it's because I do not have a PCV valve and just an air filter breather cap rather than an oil cap.

I need to know where the Vacuum line is supposed to go from the back of the plenum, and the front, bottom right of the plenum (I believe this was the PCV valve hose line). The way it is now, the front bottom vac line is blocked off, and the rear vac line splits into 3 (1 going to the old PCV valve area, another going to some sort of valve (can't remember what it's called, hangs by the firewall... on the tip of my tongue), and I don't know where the third goes. Any help would be much appreciated.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 08-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1990 lx hatch 5.0

White smoke is coolant or water.

If it was burning oil it would be blue.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #3
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 98, Ford, Mustang GT Vert Auto
Send a message via AIM to Darkcrime

I've heard if the PCV valve isn't working or not there, you can have white smoke. I'll research it some more to find out why that is the case.

Anyway, I figured out the correct pattern I needed so I'm all set.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:01 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement