4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

American Muscle WILL NOT match prices of every competitor

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 05:03 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tracyballard
.... I'm not an economics professor, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works....
Actually, that's not how it works. You don't need to be a professor to get it. I learned how that worked as a student.... in high school... about two decades ago.

Don't believe me, then go find me an example of a store that will price match a non-competitor bargin website like Amazon, Bonanza etc. that sells the same product.

I'm willing to admit I'm impressed if you can find one.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:17 PM
tracyballard
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by LilRoush
Actually, that's not how it works. You don't need to be a professor to get it. I learned how that worked as a student.... in high school... about two decades ago.

Don't believe me, then go find me an example of a store that will price match a non-competitor bargin website like Amazon, Bonanza etc. that sells the same product.

I'm willing to admit I'm impressed if you can find one.
I was not specifically referring to price matching on that point, just that in general a competitor is someone who sells the same thing that you do. Or, in other words markets to the same consumer segment. Maybe not every competitor is as big as others, but a lot of small competitors can take your business as much as one big one. The greater the price difference between your product and the same product sold by other sellers, the more likely you will lose sales. Basic economics. You're bending yourself over double trying to find a way to twist my argument so I will be wrong, but it's pretty simple. AM sells on the internet. Other sellers sell on the internet. Those are sellers that are competing for the same pool of customers. If AM doesn't want to match those sellers so be it, but to say they're not competing for the same customers is like Bill Clinton questioning what is means.

Last edited by tracyballard; 03-10-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:55 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tracyballard
Oh, c'mon, don't throw yourself in a lake, a simple self-beating should suffice. Don't be so hard on yourself.

And, I hope you don't get banned, I was planning on you being the first member of my new fan club.
You're about as funny as Crash is tough. And crash is so sensitive that he has trouble pronouncing the word Tunnel.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:59 PM
tracyballard
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
You're about as funny as Crash is tough. And crash is so sensitive that he has trouble pronouncing the word Tunnel.
That can be a difficult word to pronounce sometimes, but with our full support, I'm sure he can pull through.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:15 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Much like I fully support every mustang forum moderator from here to effing timbucktwo banning your ****.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:52 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

At least I'm good looking! Heyo!
Old 03-11-2014, 06:27 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Crash go jump in a lake with tracy.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:30 AM
tracyballard
2nd Gear Member

Crash go jump in a lake with tracy.
What's with all this lake jumping? Do you manage a water recreational area?? I think it's time to get back to talking mustangs, and economics, and whether or not you're going to join that fan club I'm starting.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:57 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Tracy shutup.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:05 PM
HRnB
Administrator

This thread has run it's course and now closed.

From my personal experience, American Muscle has been nothing but fair and honest with me through the years with competitive pricing. I'm not saying this because I'm the admin here, I'm saying it as a customer.