4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

American Muscle WILL NOT match prices of every competitor

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 04:21 PM
tracyballard
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cristoff
So in your entire life you have never had to break a promise, or were never unable to do EXACTLY what you said you would do?

You are a better man than any man could ever hope to be.
I try not to, I don't remember any particular instances where I had, but I would try to do the right thing no matter what. If I told someone I would sell something at a price match, and then the price was lower than what I paid, I would have to eat the difference - that's what keeping your word is all about. If you just do it when it's easy to do, it doesn't really mean anything. The point is, I try to the best of my ability and Dan failed to do that.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tracyballard
I try not to, I don't remember any particular instances where I had, but I would try to do the right thing no matter what. If I told someone I would sell something at a price match, and then the price was lower than what I paid, I would have to eat the difference - that's what keeping your word is all about. If you just do it when it's easy to do, it doesn't really mean anything. The point is, I try to the best of my ability and Dan failed to do that.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then.

I fail to see where Dan didn't try to the best of his ability to do what is right without violating the agreement he has with SCT. He has to have intergity with them as well. Sometimes just throwing a few dollars at the problem works, and sometimes there is a bigger picture that you need to look at.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:27 PM
tracyballard
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cristoff
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then.

I fail to see where Dan didn't try to the best of his ability to do what is right without violating the agreement he has with SCT. He has to have intergity with them as well. Sometimes just throwing a few dollars at the problem works, and sometimes there is a bigger picture that you need to look at.
Yes, we will have to agree to disagree. I'm sure Dan is probably a good person, but the one time I relied on him, he broke his promise to me. You can twist and turn it any way you want to, but it boils down to the same thing.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:18 PM
E_cox310
2nd Gear Member

LMAO I guess promises are very sacred to this guy.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

So what you are saying is that you would knowingly violate your agreement with your business partner; thus jeopardizing your written agreement - because you made a promise not knowing that other sources online are violating the same written agreement?

Come on, I understand that it's a little frustrating - but the way you are making it sound is a little unfair to a company and an individual that has done more for the Mustang community than any other aftermarket company out there.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:32 PM
Getsome19
1st Gear Member

I agree 100% with Cristoff. Plus, you got the product at the lower price so you still won in the end...or maybe the other company won't honor their price which is why your complaining trying to get AM to bend?
Old 03-07-2014, 05:53 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I've never bought anything from American Muscle.
That being said, they made the promise for price matching based on knowing the guidelines SCT has set forth for pricing for all retail outlets. If a company was in violation of the SCT rules for selling products, AM has no control over that, nor should they be expected to sell against the rules of the product company.

If anything, I'd avoid buying from a retail vendor who violates the agreement with the product company. Talk about a scum bag move. If they are willing to screw over the producer, what are they willing to do to a customer?

Food for thought.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:53 PM
tracyballard
2nd Gear Member

I guess we will all have to agree to disagree. Much as AM has done for the Mustang community, they welched on a deal with me, and I can afford it less than a big company. I will be buying from the other company, not because I want to, but because they have not earned my distrust. Truth be told, I definitely would rather buy from AM, now and in the future, but I believe in things called principles, and there is a principle involved here that is larger than the money. If you don't understand that, well, different strokes and all that, but as for me I am in the crappy position of having to buy from someone other than my preferred distributor because they failed to honor a promise. And it wasn't a maybe - he said they WOULD MATCH AN ADVERTISED PRICE. They didn't. so, I'll file my BBB complaint, buy from Yeoman Ford and move on. and best wishes to all subscribed.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:58 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Also, AM is very clear they match COMPETITOR prices, and clearly discount sites like Amazon etc... aren't direct competitors.

So that's actually two ways they are very justified in not matching it.

You really need to get over yourself. File with the BBB? Really? You talk about your 'principles' then go and give money to someone who is breaking the rules in order to sell you product. Some amazing 'principles' you have going for you. If you're really that hard up on money, I'd suggest NOT modifying a car and invest in better things in life.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:12 PM
tracyballard
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by LilRoush
Also, AM is very clear they match COMPETITOR prices, and clearly discount sites like Amazon etc... aren't direct competitors.

So that's actually two ways they are very justified in not matching it.

You really need to get over yourself. File with the BBB? Really? You talk about your 'principles' then go and give money to someone who is breaking the rules in order to sell you product. Some amazing 'principles' you have going for you. If you're really that hard up on money, I'd suggest NOT modifying a car and invest in better things in life.
actually, after thinking it over, I don't think I'm going to go with the BBB complaint, but I don't think disparaging the other seller is appropriate, since they have an A+ BBB rating, just like AM does.

Quick Reply: American Muscle WILL NOT match prices of every competitor