Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Sponsored by Cruizin Concepts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 07-28-2014, 03:10 PM   #1
performanceredgt

Vehicle: 2000 Ford Mustang GT
Default O/R X Pipes

I've been looking to get an O/R X Pipe to put on my 2000 Mustang GT, and was wondering if I should go with BBK or Bassani? Also, I have heard that it's not legal to have it on a daily driver in town and that it's a large ticket if you do, but how would they really know unless they got underneath your car to check when they pull you over? And I don't need emissions testing in my area, so shouldn't I be able to get away with an O/R X Pipe?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
performanceredgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:21 PM   #2
Z28KLR
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 GT

The chances of a cop sliding beneath your car at an ordinary traffic stop are slim, so as far as getting popped for it you'd probably be ok. My advice is to keep your stock H pipe stored somewhere in case you ever need it later, cuz ya never know.

As far as BBK vs Bassani, in terms of sound it's probably pretty close. The Bassani might sound a little better but I dunno if it's worth the $300 price difference.

2001 Pussy Slayer Red GT convertible; all of the usual bolt-ons.

1967 Notch; 200 I-6, C4 auto
Z28KLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:31 PM   #3
UPRSharad
Sponsor

Vehicle: 2011, Ford, Mustang GT
www.facebook.com/sraldiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by performanceredgt View Post
I've been looking to get an O/R X Pipe to put on my 2000 Mustang GT, and was wondering if I should go with BBK or Bassani? Also, I have heard that it's not legal to have it on a daily driver in town and that it's a large ticket if you do, but how would they really know unless they got underneath your car to check when they pull you over? And I don't need emissions testing in my area, so shouldn't I be able to get away with an O/R X Pipe?
The UPR ORX works well, and it's very affordable.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-o...x-pipe-99.html

Like us at www.facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
UPRSharad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:47 AM   #4
Nightfire

Vehicle: 2002 Ford Mustang GT

O/R exhausts aren't illegal. As long as it passes inspection, its legal. A cop can camp under your car and stare all day at the absence of cats.....he cant do **** if it passes inspection.

Any reason why you're opting for an X over an H? H's sound much better IMO

Forged, Procharged, Stalled, and Geared

420rwhp/415rwtq @ 8psi
???rwhp/???rwtq @ 16psi *current*
Nightfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:53 AM   #5
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1990 lx hatch 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfire View Post
O/R exhausts aren't illegal. As long as it passes inspection, its legal. A cop can camp under your car and stare all day at the absence of cats.....he cant do **** if it passes inspection.

Any reason why you're opting for an X over an H? H's sound much better IMO
Acually it is very illegal , here in ohio if a cop thinks your are running a modified exhaust and wants to be a dick he may well look under your car, the absence of cats can earn you a ticket and an order to get the exhaust repaired back to stock. It doesn't happen often , but it does happen. This is why exhaust shops will not install after market catless exhausts here.

Just because someone employs the use of mill eliminators on there car to pass inspection, does not mean its legal. If they do a visual inspection of smog related equipment it matters not what the obdII scan read the inspection will fail. Not all inspection locals operate in the same manner, it depends on how " by the book " the inspector is. If they are very strict they will do a visual inspection , while others may just do a scan to verify system is operating normally.

Texas law prohibits any tampering of emissions related devices including cats, You are not even allowed to use an o/r pipe for vehicals that are strictly used off road, if it came with cats from the factory , by law they must be there.

http://www.tceq.texas.gov/airquality...tampering.html
Old 07-30-2014, 10:08 AM   #6
performanceredgt

Vehicle: 2000 Ford Mustang GT

I keep hearing that x's sound better from people, but I guess there's always going to be a difference of opinions
performanceredgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:08 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
exhaust, o/r x pipe