4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

A little bit of help with planning MY first mods?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 09:25 PM
xoHollieNicole

Default A little bit of help with planning MY first mods?

Hello!

I bought the car from a friend, and I don't really know too much about all the technical stuff. He has already done the majority of the suggested beginner mods, so I was wondering what are some simple things I could do to the car to get me started, aside from what he has already done??

Here's a list of stuff that I know have been done, I'm not sure what else to be honest and I don't know the brands or kinds (I know that sounds bad-- I'm slowly learning).

Full aftermarket suspension (Don't know what kind)
Tubular k member with strange engineering coilovers in the front and dual way adjustable rear shocks on rear.
Subframe connectors
Ford racing 4.10 gears
Steeda tri ax short throw
Bbk cold air
Deep dish bullets with Mickey Thompson et street 2 tires on rear Nitto on front
04 cobra bumper and 4 inch cobra r hood
Full Borla exhaust
HID low/highs and fogs
Smoked headlights and foglights
Diablosport tuner tuned on 93 octane (Don't know how to use this or what it does lol)
Old 01-16-2015, 04:03 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by xoHollieNicole
Hello!

I bought the car from a friend, and I don't really know too much about all the technical stuff. He has already done the majority of the suggested beginner mods, so I was wondering what are some simple things I could do to the car to get me started, aside from what he has already done??

Here's a list of stuff that I know have been done, I'm not sure what else to be honest and I don't know the brands or kinds (I know that sounds bad-- I'm slowly learning).

Full aftermarket suspension (Don't know what kind)
Tubular k member with strange engineering coilovers in the front and dual way adjustable rear shocks on rear.
Subframe connectors
Ford racing 4.10 gears
Steeda tri ax short throw
Bbk cold air
Deep dish bullets with Mickey Thompson et street 2 tires on rear Nitto on front
04 cobra bumper and 4 inch cobra r hood
Full Borla exhaust
HID low/highs and fogs
Smoked headlights and foglights
Diablosport tuner tuned on 93 octane (Don't know how to use this or what it does lol)
Hey Hollie,

Sounds like you're starting off on the right foot, awesome list of mods!

What kind of mods are looking for?

It seems as if the car already has most of the bolt ons installed, were you looking for some exterior mods? Or maybe even go forced induction?

Do you know if the car also has Longtube headers or just a cat-back/ mid pipe?

Looking forward to helping you out!

-Will
Old 01-17-2015, 12:27 AM
xoHollieNicole

Originally Posted by AMWill
Hey Hollie,

Sounds like you're starting off on the right foot, awesome list of mods!

What kind of mods are looking for?

It seems as if the car already has most of the bolt ons installed, were you looking for some exterior mods? Or maybe even go forced induction?

Do you know if the car also has Longtube headers or just a cat-back/ mid pipe?

Looking forward to helping you out!

-Will

I'm looking for simple mods to start off with since I don't know a lot about this sort of thing. Something that I can do on my own, if there is anything! At least until I learn more about the car: whether it's interior or exterior, doesn't matter to me. I don't really want to mess with the engine just yet, I'll probably wait for when I have more time and after I've had more time to research everything regrading that. Right now, I just want to be able to say I've contributed to the car! (Silly, I know)

I have no idea what longtube headers or cat-back/mid pipe means, if you tell me where to look/what I'm looking for, I can definitely find out!

Sorry, I'm new to this. I've grown up around cars, but I only know the very basics.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:38 AM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

Something you can do - not really a mod, but a good way to start off and get your hands dirty and learn a little is pick up a Haynes manual for your car at wherever you buy auto parts and start with doing some maintenance items like changing fluids (oil may be good for now, but you could always do the rearend gear oil, transmission fluid, coolant etc), a new fuel filter won't hurt anything. Pull the tires off and inspect the brake pads, make sure they aren't nearing a time when they will need to be replaced.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:48 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Z28KLR
Something you can do - not really a mod, but a good way to start off and get your hands dirty and learn a little is pick up a Haynes manual for your car at wherever you buy auto parts and start with doing some maintenance items like changing fluids (oil may be good for now, but you could always do the rearend gear oil, transmission fluid, coolant etc), a new fuel filter won't hurt anything. Pull the tires off and inspect the brake pads, make sure they aren't nearing a time when they will need to be replaced.
this is what I all ways recommend to someone who buys a used vehicle, however, rather then just inspecting the pads, its just as important to stop as it is to go, I have been using design rotor technology rotors on my last two stangs, a set of hawk brake pads, and stainless lines, My 99 GT would out stop my cobra before I did the same to it.