4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Passenger window wont go up?

Old 03-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Bandito

Default Passenger window wont go up?

Ive posted on other forums and havent gotten any help. First off, its a 99 gt. ive looked around and found some good threads on how to test what and to figure out what part could be bad. After testing everything, im still stumped. My passenger window switch will only work going down. It wont lift the window back up. The motor clicks when you hit the down, but doesn't click on the up button. The motor is brand new, ive tested it to make sure it works both directions with a jumper. I cleaned all the switches thoroughly and still no different. I used a multimeter on the switches and motor and all is well. Now... my drivers window wont make the window go up OR down. The mirror moving switch doesnt work for the passenger side mirror when you hit up or down. Itll move it side to side but not up or down. when you select the drivers side, it does. The drivers side window does work too. What could this be, and how could i trace this down??? Again:
-the motor is good. Its brand new and been tested
-All fuses are good and have been checked by a multimeter
-All switches have been cleaned
-passenger side only works going down
-drivers side switch doesnt work for passenger side at all.
-drivers window works fine
-passenger side mirror only goes side to side
-drivers side window goes any direction.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:57 AM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

Check the wires between your Door and body. Youll have to pull the rubber boot back so you can inspect the wires. Broken torn or frayed wires are common in that area.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:33 AM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Have you tried a known good switch on the drivers door?

Search this Thread