4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Canadian Color Options

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 03:54 PM
99REDGT
2nd Gear Member

Default Canadian Color Options

My car was orignially built for Canada Eh, but I bought it in AZ..the guy told me it was Rio Red. To me it looks to be a little darker than the performance red stangs. I am wondering if they ever put this color on any of the stangs in the US?...it also has a 120mph speedo, I was wondering if it was a conversion or the factory installed it before went to the states (the car was never resistered in Canada according to the seller.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:09 PM
kazandlee
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Canadian Color Options

Hi

I have a 2002 Gt vert that was built for the canadian market, im in the U.K i imported it 5 weeks ago, the colour i was given was Rio red, but i know this colour as Lazer red metalic, so i dont know if they have different names for them in Canada, anyway as for the 120mph clocks, well i cant answer that one, but i do know that the Canadians have Kmph, and anyway, i always thought that the Gt's were 150mph clocks, so unless anyone else can enlighten us then i guess your clocks were maybe changed? but if so i would have thought that the speedo would have had to be re-calibrated!

Lee.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:39 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 99REDGT

My car was orignially built for Canada Eh, but I bought it in AZ..the guy told me it was Rio Red. To me it looks to be a little darker than the performance red stangs. I am wondering if they ever put this color on any of the stangs in the US?...it also has a 120mph speedo, I was wondering if it was a conversion or the factory installed it before went to the states (the car was never resistered in Canada according to the seller.
Well. You have a v6 then. Seriously dude, they did not make ANY GT's with a 120 MPH or KPH speedo. Get a pic of the engine and the speedo. Because GT's did not have 120 MPH speedos. I have a feeling it's a GT clone. And yes Rio Red was put on american stangs. But get those pics up, I'm really interested.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:15 PM
99REDGT
2nd Gear Member

I dont think it is a conversion, and it is a V8...the interior is identical to my friends GT, except it has the split CD/head unit set up with the mach460 (his is an 04 vert). its got mac pipes and a mac CAI that Goes into the fenderwell. the gages are the same except the speedo only goes to 120, seems to be calibrated to me. I need to pick up my diggy cam at my work and I will put up some pics of the engine bay and gages. I dont know a whole lot about these cars as I just bought it a month ago.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:36 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 99REDGT

I dont think it is a conversion, and it is a V8...the interior is identical to my friends GT, except it has the split CD/head unit set up with the mach460 (his is an 04 vert). its got mac pipes and a mac CAI that Goes into the fenderwell. the gages are the same except the speedo only goes to 120, seems to be calibrated to me. I need to pick up my diggy cam at my work and I will put up some pics of the engine bay and gages. I dont know a whole lot about these cars as I just bought it a month ago.
The interiors on the GT and V6 are the exact same. The differance would be the gauges.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:25 PM
kazandlee
1st Gear Member

Ok! for now then have a look at the seat faces, do they have the tiny perforations in the leather on the seat and on the upright, thats assuming of course you have leather in the first place, also, does it have front fog lights, does it have the tail pipe cutouts at the rear bumper, in the engine, on the throtle body there should be a mustang emblem in plastic chrome! post the pics lets have a look!
Old 11-20-2005, 06:57 PM
99REDGT
2nd Gear Member

yes it has all of the above, abs, traction control ect. let me try and post some pics..

anybody wanna let me in on how to post em up? Can an upload pics directly off my puter?
Old 11-20-2005, 07:20 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Your speedo and engine should look like this. Mines a little dirty, sorry.

Old 11-20-2005, 07:33 PM
kazandlee
1st Gear Member

have sent you pm, send the pics to me, have just been on a canadian forum, might have found the answer.

Lee.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:00 PM
99REDGT
2nd Gear Member

sent em your way, I am trying to download a good photo resizer.

Quick Reply: Canadian Color Options